sick of being marketed at like a cash cow.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive never asked for the information. I said others have asked but Im yet to see anything. Maybe they have but I havent.

I have no idea what your talking about with Milkmans posts. Ive never seen a post of his with links to testimonials. Perhaps after 2 pages of people pro and against these courses I got sick of reading the thread and didnt bother anymore. Thats my perogative.

Terribly sorry I dont read every single post in every thread on here. Usually once all the bullshit starts and the shit slinging from the keyboard warriors start I give up and move on, like many others do. Thats probably why Ive missed milkmans posts about testimonials on these courses.

Truman said:
Perhaps after 2 pages of people pro and against these courses I got sick of reading the thread and didnt bother anymore. Thats my perogative.

Terribly sorry I dont read every single post in every thread on here. Usually once all the bullshit starts and the shit slinging from the keyboard warriors start I give up and move on, like many others do. Thats probably why Ive missed milkmans posts about testimonials on these courses.
And yet here we are with you declaring that no one has ever said a good word about his courses.

Sure, you're quite correct when you say that you're entitled to do this but I'm wondering if perhaps you shouldn't?

But every thread of his links to his website as far as I can tell. Would make it a bit hard to sell his product if he didn't.

I never said no one has said a good word about his courses. I said that Ive never seen any feedback about his courses. Ive seen testimonials about his courses posted on his website.

What I have never seen is a current member come on here and start a new thread and say,,"Hey guys I did this course on the weekend and heres what I learnt, it was great yada yada, or otherwise. If someone has Ive never seen it.

And I generally read all new threads.

Until you get sick of them, yeah?

So what you're saying is that someone needs to post within a specific timeframe or they don't exist? Explains A LOT.

No what Im saying is if people didnt turn threads into slinging matches like so many do, and start having digs at each ther and making personal attacks about a person and all the other bullshit then I would probably keep reading them. But when they turn to shit I dont bother....Like so many do.

So what your saying is that in one of these discussions on the said courses someone has actually posted back saying they went to one of these courses and provied feedback on the said course??????

If so great, I will find the thread and read their feedback.

Assuming someone provides you with the links, yeah?

this discussion is showing up on "latest posts" i read them also.and make a comment.and yes i would like to see feedback before shelling out my money.considering i can go to grain and grape and attend a BIAB demo for Free.

So what your saying is that in one of these discussions on the said courses someone has actually posted back saying they went to one of these courses and provied feedback on the said course??????

If so great, I will find the thread and read their feedback.
You obviously didn't read properly.

And still havent answered the question which is what my post was originally about...Im yet to see a post on here with feedback good or bad. If there is one somewhere great, I will check the past posts from the said retailer, past what Ive already read and find it.

If not, then as i said........

bash-head.gif

I like to offer my opinion on whether I think something is good value or not.

It's a problem I have.

This thread is good value. Not because of Vince's Free Set of Steak Knives approach, but more because truman bumfights are always giggle-worthy.

I agree with the sentiment that if a retailer wants to push their product without being a site sponsor then they should at least need to be a pro member.

I'm not a fan of Costanzo's marketing technique and think that if he is going to take advantage of this community by advertising to it, he should give something back to it somehow.

Isn't he pitching to the wrong crowd anyway?

None of the experts are going to take any of his courses, and I feel that if a newbie (such as myself) has found this fantastic resource, it's unlikely they are going to pay for a course, when they can learn the information at their own pace from the fantastic population of experts on this forum for free or through becoming a pro member if they so choose.

I think he would be better off trying to link up with a HB store and offering his course at a discount if new brewers come in and buy a starter kit from that store. That would be the strategy I would pursue. I'm not saying that I agree with that strategy at all, I think to a certain extent it would be preying on new brewers who may not be all that informed.

Or perhaps offer a course which is nationally recognised and actually allows the people who fork out the cash to get a look in at breweries???

Google would hit the posts - try "brewing course australia" - 2 hits on Page 1. And I'd guess as many wives/partners buy them as a gift perhaps.

This thread is testament to 'First World Problems'. Picking on this guy, when really, there are far more important things about which to worry.
Life is too short. I'm certain the poster's intention is not to harm anyone else, and they certainly shouldn't have to justify their existence.

Econwatson said:
None of the experts are going to take any of his courses, and I feel that if a newbie (such as myself) has found this fantastic resource, it's unlikely they are going to pay for a course, when they can learn the information at their own pace from the fantastic population of experts on this forum for free or through becoming a pro member if they so choose.
I think it would possibly limit our future skills if any of us decided that we could get complete exposure to all brewing ideas that we might ever find interesting here. There is great benefit to be had in looking to other resources as well - be they brewing texts (homebrew books and then maybe more technical books), homebrew clubs, other boards, brew days, LHBS attendants or even courses like Vince's. Lots of people respond better to more personal (as in "in person") teaching methods than "book learnin'".

I think you're possibly doing yourself a disservice if you decide to put all your eggs in the AHB basket.

Information from an experienced, knowledgeable, brewing professional versus a brewing forum full of amateurs spouting their own perceived wisdom (I put myself in the latter category).

Why do so many of you have your knickers in a twist? Bunch of grumpy bastards.

DrSmurto said:
Information from an experienced, knowledgeable, brewing professional versus a brewing forum full of amateurs spouting their own perceived wisdom (I put myself in the latter category).

Why do so many of you have your knickers in a twist? Bunch of grumpy bastards.
Depends on what you're aiming for really. I'm just happy brewing quality beer that satisfies me. I'm really only brewing for own amusement as it were.

I feel I've learned enough from here and other websites and through my own experience (and mistakes) to do that well enough and I'm getting better with each brew. That said, I am always open to learning and I agree with bum that some people learn better with the personal touch and a course may well suit them, it's just not for me (especially if it costs cash money).

I'm sure if I was looking to set up a brewery business then I would consult someone who knows what they're talking about and has been there and done that.

Latest posts

Back