sick of being marketed at like a cash cow.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the dicko come in a box or do you have to attend to get it installed professionally?

Enrol in course.jpg

I paid money to study brewing at Uni but I was taught by teaching professionals with qualifications. I would not pay for a brewing course
from non qualified persons. If its just for a hobby I dont see it matters who teaches as long as they "know their stuff "and that usually will come from peer reviews.
Nev
SP edit Just for manticle

Bribie G said:
Does the dicko come in a box ?
This thread is not going well. :huh:

Gryphon Brewing said:
I dont see it matters who teaches as long as they "know their stuff "and that usually will come from pier reviews.
Nev

Like this?

pier_aerial.jpg

Or this?

images

AHB English to follow .
Umm yes, I like reviewing piers, whos the phat dude ?
No I dont study English, I leave that to less technical minded persons on AHB. :p
Nev

Bribie G said:
Does the dicko come in a box or do you have to attend to get it installed professionally?

Nah it comes in a box Bribie.....simple as this clip shows mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bribie G said:
I've been known to cum in a box or two over the years :)

Very observant Bribie G and very funny :)

Cheers

Give me the $600 and I'll tell ya anything you want to know about brewing.

Big Nath said:
Nah it comes in a box Bribie.....simple as this clip shows mate.

No link shows Big Nath or is it just this forum on ipad :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one go about posting a link that doesn't automatically show (in this case) the actual clip straight from the post??
fucked if i can work it out..

How do i just add the text from the youtube address without it displaying as the "target"?

DrSmurto said:
Information from an experienced, knowledgeable, brewing professional versus a brewing forum full of amateurs spouting their own perceived wisdom (I put myself in the latter category).

Why do so many of you have your knickers in a twist? Bunch of grumpy bastards.
The good Dr pretty much summed up my entire response to this thread. Granted the majority of the audience here would probably look upon this product as superfluous in the home brew environment but his target audience as per his own website shows he's looking for clients who are wanting to take the next step or work in related industries.

It might only be "interest" value to most of the community here but we have our own collection of members who have either gone pro or studied brewing at tertiary level. If this is the stepping stone for someone and they found it here, well so much the better.

And this nonsense about having to be pro to make a thread because you may or may not gain something from it. What gain are we measuring? Financial only? Should bulk buys be limited to only Pro members? Should you pay a fee for asking a question? Six months ago there was no Pro feature and yet in such a short time it's become the measure of a mans contribution to a community? Fark me, half the bastards walking around with the bloody thing can't tell their arse from their navel.

/rant

It's been a long day.

Yep, GuyQLD, thin end of the wedge there.

Fat dude is Piers Akerman.

Couldn't resist Nev, especially when this thread is such a general waste of time.

People post shit jokes in the humour section sometimes. I cope pretty well. If someone posts a retail item in the retail thread that I don't want, I cope also.

jayahhdee said:
I agree with the sentiment that if a retailer wants to push their product without being a site sponsor then they should at least need to be a pro member.
I have no other words for it than 'what a load of rubbish".
GuyQLD said:
And this nonsense about having to be pro to make a thread because you may or may not gain something from it. What gain are we measuring? Financial only? Should bulk buys be limited to only Pro members? Should you pay a fee for asking a question? Six months ago there was no Pro feature and yet in such a short time it's become the measure of a mans contribution to a community?
Sums it up well, people are taking this pro membership thing way to seriously! It's just an add on, nothing more. In the end it's only Dane profiting from the money that comes from the pro membership, not the community. The community and knowledge has always been here and it's existence was never 'at risk'.

EDIT: had to spell it out to avoid misunderstanding.

Pro is supposed to be opt in or not. Don't start making rules for it or it becomes the dreaded 'tiered' system which I, as a pro member will opt out of.

I am just putting forward a point of view that if a business wants to make a profit from the AHB community they should bee seen to be contributing to its growth in some respect, like many of the retailers already do, either through sponsorship, discounts or knowledge.

Costanzo doesn't seem to contribute anything other than a sales pitch.

Communities are built on contribution, IMO he is just taking advantage of what Dane has started and the Aussie brewing community and built. If he was to contribute in some fashion I would have no problem with him promoting his business.

Back