Show Us Your Wine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you made wine with a bloody viticulturalist??? :)

what on earth were you thinking?

It was either that or steal 250kg of grapes under the cover of darkness..... :p

It was actually a bottle of Bostons previous attempt that convinced me i had to have a crack, both my partner and i commented that we would have happily forked over money for it!

Wine.jpg

you made wine with a bloody viticulturalist??? :)
what on earth were you thinking?
It's just like letting a winemaker into your vineyard... Most winemakers think grapes come in 2.5T bins.. :lol:

It was either that or steal 250kg of grapes under the cover of darkness..... :p

It was actually a bottle of Bostons previous attempt that convinced me i had to have a crack, both my partner and i commented that we would have happily forked over money for it!

Wine.jpg
It is looking good, the over night lows of the Adelaide Hills would have clarified it down nicely. I am going OS on the 15th August, so we should try and lock away a day for bottling before then.

It's just like letting a winemaker into your vineyard... Most winemakers think grapes come in 2.5T bins.. :lol:

Grapes and all that other rubbish you try to get us to process and test how much damage you can do to a destemmer/crusher. :icon_cheers:

Grapes and all that other rubbish you try to get us to process and test how much damage you can do to a destemmer/crusher. :icon_cheers:

Bits of post, staples, steel brackets, rocks and a few lizards, it all adds to the weight to make up for the poor pricing. :icon_cheers:

poor pricing. :icon_cheers:

maybe next vintage I'll be asked to process a bin that is 100% MOG with some water mixed through it. Although with the price of water and just about every grower crying poor, water might out of the budget, so it will just be MOG and the wineries will have to add enough liquid to get it pumpable. Nothing new there, we already fix the lack acid, tannin etc up for you.

That is something for you guys to think about after pruning is finished and your all on your way to a tropical resort for annual holidays. Don't forget to book the Bemer in for a service before you go!
:icon_cheers:

if your about today, I'll give you a call regarding some rhizomes.

maybe next vintage I'll be asked to process a bin that is 100% MOG with some water mixed through it. Although with the price of water and just about every grower crying poor, water might out of the budget, so it will just be MOG and the wineries will have to add enough liquid to get it pumpable. Nothing new there, we already fix the lack acid, tannin etc up for you.

That is something for you guys to think about after pruning is finished and your all on your way to a tropical resort for annual holidays. Don't forget to book the Bemer in for a service before you go!
:icon_cheers:

if your about today, I'll give you a call regarding some rhizomes.
No dramas. Will be in the Hills this morning... before jumping on the private jet to Pt Douglas to look at the 3rd holiday house :D

Did you get to the airport in your Range Rover Vogue

Keen to get out of the brewery and do some vintage work somewhere this next vintage, apart from have a dabble at home.

Was in the hunter last week and its been yonks since I was ina acellar door. Geez the wine and the folks at Pepper Tree were professional and awesome. What a great afternoon! And I actually bought stuff ... which I seldom do ...

Thanks for the links to wiki and the pdf ...

Scotty

looks good. Did you aim for an onion skin colour? :p

har har har de har :rolleyes: of course I did!

I had always aimed for the rose, well, hoppinmad had instructed me I'd be better of aiming for the rose given it was 60% stems :angry:

Next year will be better, my 2kg of cow-peas have sprouted in between the rows and I have got the weeds in the row under control. I'll ensure I don't get powdery mildew this year as well. Of 80 odd vines, only 25 are pruned for fruit this year, the remainder have been pruned back to prepare to get an upside down L per your advice, thanks!

Polished off a bottle of last years vintage last night. Tasting pretty good IMO.

And now to this years vintage which got to a slightly larger scale than i had imagined.

Went from 1/4 tonne last year to 1 tonne this year. Switched from straight sangio to a blend of sangio/cabernet/grenache.

Hoping for something bigger this year so we'll be leaving it on the skins for a lot longer and oaking it more.

Here's one of the bins we are fermenting in - i am plunging the cap twice daily by hand. It's a good workout as i am squishing the grapes at the same time!

wine2010_1.jpg

looks the goods! very keen to try some home made wine!

Polished off a bottle of last years vintage last night. Tasting pretty good IMO.

And now to this years vintage which got to a slightly larger scale than i had imagined.

Went from 1/4 tonne last year to 1 tonne this year. Switched from straight sangio to a blend of sangio/cabernet/grenache.

Hoping for something bigger this year so we'll be leaving it on the skins for a lot longer and oaking it more.

Here's one of the bins we are fermenting in - i am plunging the cap twice daily by hand. It's a good workout as i am squishing the grapes at the same time!

wine2010_1.jpg

And all you need now is something more affective to plunge the cap with :rolleyes:

BYB

what do you get when cross a Viticulturalist and a Rocket scientist?
:p

Geezus DrS lucky you only do things by halves. I would to see when you throw yourself into something. Great stuff look forward to seeing the results.

:lol:

I didn't realize their was any difference... :p

This fruit has not gone through a traditional crusher, so we would have approx 25% whole berries at the moment, so we are indirectly doing a bit of a Carbonic Maceration.

Back