Show us your ride

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few of my past rides.
I hate seeing them all at once. The money that's come and gone unsettles me a little.

DSC02363.jpg

The Duc was quickest by a wide margin. Sounded like shaking a bunch of chisels in a Milo tin at idle.

DSC02988.jpg

But only just quicker than the 650.. Regretful sale, it was a ******* beast, and wheelie monster par excellence.

BrVbgB2kKGrHqUOKjsEublm4woBLzNlitBj.jpg

..but paved the way for this.
KTM's horrendous parts pricing kind of drove my decision to let it go before anything major needed doing.

DSC_4480.jpg

Current. 1100 S Multistrada. Second one I've owned. They are that good. I think this was my older 1000 DS.

Its clearly dual purpose.

tv046.jpg

scootering024-2.jpg

Good to see the correct use of a motocycle.

Glad to see you used private venues when the pics where taken.

Ducatiboy stu said:

Plus the guy in the picture is my stunt double.

Current ride: 2008 Triumph Sprint ST loaded up to the hilt before my wife and I rode from Brisbane to Adelaide and back in 3 weeks. 6500kms over some of Australia's best roads. Was tough for the last few days though.
Portals%5C0%5CBigRide%5C1-BrisbaneToKempsey%5Cslides%5C1-SprintLoaded.jpg

Previous ride: Suzuki M109 (1800cc power cruiser). This thing was a beast: Rolling burnouts, and would lift the front wheel even though it weighed 400kgs. 260mm rear tyre.
5BigBike.jpg

The M109 was good for towing scooters! But I can't find my photos of that :D
Was bad for going around corners. Lots of scraping and quite a handful. So sold it for the Sprint which is a very nice all-rounder. Throw all the bags on and go for a ride with the wife, or take all the bags off and go for a squirt with the boys.

A collection of 50cc Chinese scooters although my favourite was RatRide:
3-FrontCloseUp.jpg

1-SideTrailer.jpg

Dave70 said:
The Duc was quickest by a wide margin. Sounded like shaking a bunch of chisels in a Milo tin at idle.

DSC02988.jpg
I don't think I could own a dry-clutch Duc. Always sounds like someone left a spanner in the engine. Makes my teeth grate and would drive me batty. Whilst underway, different story.

I still think one of the best sounding bikes I have heard was VTR 1000 SP2. Man, that thing sounded awesome. The Ducs certainly rate up there as well. Maybe it is about time for me to own a twin again. Must resist urge to change bikes!!

Ducatiboy stu said:

Otherwise he'd be a dickhead eh?

Dave70 said:
But only just quicker than the 650.. Regretful sale, it was a ******* beast, and wheelie monster par excellence.

BrVbgB2kKGrHqUOKjsEublm4woBLzNlitBj.jpg
There's a flyer for someone selling an 04 XR650 for $3400 at my local Honda dealership, would you rate the over a DR650?
Only big thing for me is seat height (DAMN THESE SHORT LEGS!!!)

sp0rk said:
There's a flyer for someone selling an 04 XR650 for $3400 at my local Honda dealership, would you rate the over a DR650?
Only big thing for me is seat height (DAMN THESE SHORT LEGS!!!)
It's really comparing apples to oranges. The XR is more hard edged enduro, the DR more suited to day to day or long distance 'adventure' style riding. The specs bear this out.
The XR has got about 50mm seat height on the DR, but doesn't feel it due to the narrower seat and lower weight.

DR:
150 KG
43 HP

XR:
125 kg
61 HP.

Plus the XR is kick only where the DR has an electric leg and plenty more potential for luggage. It's simply a matter of what you plan on doing with the bike.
I bought the XR as a toy I could blast along fire trails with and take bush. If it were my sole transport, likely would have gone a DR.

Try not to be put off by the height thing. I'm a towering 5'8" with a 32" inseam. Who gives a ****. It's all about confidence.
The only bike that annoyed me slightly was paddling the WRF up snotty hills with it's ludicrous 998 mm seat height.

Fair enough
The bike will be a daily and fire trails on the weekend, so I might stick with the DR

Ducatiboy stu said:
I dunno....young folk these days
I would be just as happy ding, ding, dingning down the street on that classic, picnic lunch in the basket, tooting the horn and waving at the ladies.

At least until the first hill.

My daily driver.

Quick plug : Up for sale if anyone is interested

IMAG0492.jpg

Dave70 said:
Dose it come with a chauffeur?
Way too much fun to drive, although it does have tables and drinks cabinets in the back

Had a look at Andys car at the recent Melbourne grain bulk buy.
Its a beauty. Even has crystal decanters and a fold down drinks cabinet.
The roof lining is made of leather and has a big V8 under the bonnet.
Would make a great cruising machine.

Back