Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added a handy imports SS bench and shelf to the brew cave. Quality is OK for the price but the bench top sure scratches easily. At least now I have a clean area for yeasty stuff where I can spray starsan to my heart's content.
20160430_123929 (1280x720).jpg

Yob said:
while I havnt had a lot of time to further finish the renovations, the fruits of the earlier work done have come to pass

The 1000lt of tank water in behind the trellis has been awesome all summer, the planter in front has been home to many a butternut pumpkin, a small harvest of hops and about a frikkin zillion tommy toes.. still waiting on raspberries.. maybe next year if I can keep the possum off them..
Rubber tree at the back look out for plumbing their roots love em

20160529_170043 (1280x720).jpg

This is getting ridiculous.

Thought I would post some pics of the newly finished bar area. I mounted the taps into an old dresser that we bought at a garage sale for $50. I had the taps from the bar in our last house. Finally got to mount the beer engine permanently. The kegs are kept behind the wall in a keezer.
The whole room is built inside our garage, which is 7.0m x 6.0m. The finished bar room ended up being 7.0m x 4.2m, with the bar area recessed into a 1.0m deep x 1.6m wide alcove, which left me just enough room to fit the keezer behind it.
The rest of the bar is taken up with music stuff, tables, chairs etc. We kind of based it on a couple of pubs we went to in the UK, mainly Ain't Nothin' But, which is in Soho ion London. It wasn't meant to be like that originally, but the more we built, the more it looked like a UK pub, so we went with it.
We held house concerts at our last house, utilising local and touring acts, who come into our bar and play for not very much money. We are doing this again and we think we can fit about 30 people in when we have a band playing. I usually brew something for these gigs, but a favourite of our friends is Hot Dog Soup, which is an Irish Red, but hopped like an APA.

20160908_1108422.jpg

20160908_1108341.jpg

20160908_1108271.jpg

20160908_1108181.jpg

20160906_2001581.jpg

Thanks to Mrs. Pierre kindly allowing me to use the laundry.....and the underhoose entertainment/storage area.

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

So xmas has been one epic build on the Brewery,

Before Reno External

Before Reno Internal

After Reno External

After Reno Internal

Brewery in open position

The actual brew equipment is destined to be relocated from its current position to along the front wall, had the plumber in to sort out water supply in the right positions. Now the external has been done (with the exception of a bit of cladding) I can shift my attention to the internal works which will not be insignificant.

Haven't been on here a lot over the last year or so as brewing is a bit of a chore at my current digs. This will all change in a few months due to this:

fwaste.jpg

In case your wondering, that is a future floor waste in my shed which is going up next week which will allow me to hose all mess and small spills and shit down the drain at the end of brew day, thereby giving me more motivation to brew due to the ease of clean up.

This is the overall project:

overall.jpg

Ignore my (future) wanker neighbour's place on the upper right. He's got his priorities all wrong. Too much house. No shed.

Nice Jlm. I'm just starting to build my new shed too. Might whack a couple of floor wastes in the slab too. [emoji106]

Jeez mate, horrible view.

Latest posts

Back