• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Sg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warb

Reaction score
Are thee any good to anyone?. I dont have a use for them.

P3260852.JPG

P3260853.JPG

i want to give these things away, are they any good?... if its crap ill just bin em?., any advise?.

Does each yellow tube contain a hydrometer?

If so then don't chuck them. While they look to be limited to 1050, they'd be great back-ups for preboil gravities and any 4-5% ish beers. Considering how many hydrometers I've broken, I know I could do with a back-up or two.

is it just me or are the numbers around the wrong way??? mine starts at 0 on the top :huh:

Maybe they are designed for something lighter than water and the values are negative?

dont konw, in water they sit a zero, in metho they sink straight to thre bottom, does that help? :rolleyes:

Hydrometer in reverse?

Are up for posting any (postage paid)?

Where did they come from?

Hydrometer in reverse?

Are up for posting any (postage paid)?

Where did they come from?

yeah, happy to post to any one who wants one, just a few bucks will cover post.... cant remember where they came from, just one from my hoarding past.

I'll grab one or two for the heck of it.

Let me know postage amounts to Melbourne and I'll fix it up (bank transfer or paypal).

no prob, $10 paypal , remember to get me the address and ill send a couple.. rather see them used.

Last edited:
no prob, $10 paypal to [email protected] , remember to get me the address and ill send a couple.. rather see them used.
Sounds like they might be for alcohol in the 0 to 50% range.....

I'd be happy to verify that, I have access to fortifying spirit ranging from 63% to 94%, so making some test solutions should be a cake walk. I'll PP you a tenner and inc my address. ;)

you beat me to it,
i was gonna say that they look like an alcometer

no prob lads, ill get them out. funny what you find during a cleanup.. anyone want a free bottle capper??.

no prob lads, ill get them out. funny what you find during a cleanup.. anyone want a free bottle capper??.

Hi All.....any updates on these? Hydrometers? alcometers?

[/quote
What type of capper is it ? Is it the hammer type or a proper one with the adjustable height ?

Cheers
Beerbelly

Latest posts

Back