Serving Coopers Pale Ale With Or Without Sediment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrenlw63 said:
NRB Is that a big night of farting? :lol:

It's not the intention, but definitely the result. I believe the yeast helps me fight a hangover so I gulp it down with gusto - if it makes me fart so be it; I find farting pleasurable and funny :ph34r:

Well, I drink the bottled with the sediment, and from the tap... well, it comes out like that, eh? They both taste different, and I change my mind on which is better all the time.

:p Go the roll ya wussys,Think of all the nutritional value(b group vitamins).
Had a doctor Tims the other day. Pale in a can ????????

I had the first pour of a CPA at a pub yesterday and it was the thickest cloudiest brew I've ever seen - I loved it!

ive seen coopers fans argue over who's going to drink the pint of mud at the end of a keg.
that's going just a bit too far IMHO

peas_and_korn said:
Well, I drink the bottled with the sediment, and from the tap... well, it comes out like that, eh? They both taste different, and I change my mind on which is better all the time.
[post="89658"][/post]​

Only the sub-standard beer goes into kegs

Darren said:
peas_and_korn said:
[post="89658"][/post]​

Only the sub-standard beer goes into kegs
[post="89704"][/post]​

Not sure what you mean here Darren, are you saying that only the poorly made product gets kegged???

Andrew

Why wouldn't you bottle only the best. Cricket matches, footy, pub functions the consumer doesn't really care. You pay top dollar in a bottle it must be right. Export markets probably the best

I think you will find that commercial breweries make each and every brew to pretty exacting standards, whether it is bottled or kegged is neither here nor there.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew,
No disrespect but that is certainly not true. What would you do with beer that didn't make specification no matter how you blended it? Dump it?
I think you would sell it in 50 litre kegs to yobs who couldn't tell the difference.
I have taken that particular beer on tap back and swapped for a bottle because it wasn't right.
Bet it is the same for all commercial brews. Footy beer is the worst in the nation. No, never had coopers at the footy!

I like to tip it all into the glass (Sparkling), for the Pale like to leave the yeast. Maybe it's just my luck but the majority of the Pale Ales I've drunk have a hard sediment that leaves chunks in the beer, not a good look. I've only come accross this problem with Sparkling Ale once. I'm guessing old stock.
When Sparkling came in the tear top stubbies, the barmen/women would often present the beer standing upside down.

Edit: Use to get asked if "you'd like the vegetables with your beer" when ordering coopers and a glass, though haven't been asked that for a while.

Darren said:
Andrew,
No disrespect but that is certainly not true. What would you do with beer that didn't make specification no matter how you blended it? Dump it?
I think you would sell it in 50 litre kegs to yobs who couldn't tell the difference.
I have taken that particular beer on tap back and swapped for a bottle because it wasn't right.
Bet it is the same for all commercial brews. Footy beer is the worst in the nation. No, never had coopers at the footy!
[post="89716"][/post]​

You usually find that the "footy beer" and some of the beer served in pubs is inferior not because of the supplier, but the seller, this is mainly due to poor storage conditions, some pubs will store their beer out the back in 40c heat until room is available in the coolroom. And an even bigger culprit is not keeping the lines clean, nothing worse than a schooner of sour flat tasting beer :blink: .

Cheers
Andrew

well if there kegged beer is there bad beer then im bloody happy with it.its a winner in my books and i think going on the supply and demand for it then most of australia will agree with me.

cheers
big d

AndrewQLD said:
[, nothing worse than a schooner of sour flat tasting beer :blink: .

Cheers
Andrew
[post="89719"][/post]​

At the footy here that is called west end draught :excl: LOL

Darren said:
Believe it or not tastes worse at the footy
[post="89725"][/post]​

Darren. It ain't the beer. It's the way you blokes play footy. :p

Warren -

Im a long time coopers drinker.
Ive talked to glenn, dr tim cooper and the head brewers on various occasions.
And i went on a club brewery tour last april.

The yeast should be stirred up in the bottle. Tip upside down and spin a few times.
That way the beer is the same all the way thru.

As for kegs the barman should tip the keg on its head when delivered. When they want to tap it, flip it upright and it mixes perfect. No clear beer and no murky pints.
The clear beer tastes slightly different but not much, its more appearance is the aim.

Also coopers gyle krausen there beers when conditioning. Meaning they add a portion of a new fermenting beer to the one being bottled or kegged to continue carbonation.

And for the shit beer goes into the kegs. Bump Bowwww.... All the keg fillers and bottle fillers run of the same lines. .....Same tank....same line.....same beer.

Go you south aussie brewery coopers, bloody state icon!
:beerbang: (feeling all patriotic)

MUDSTA <_<

Darren said:
Believe it or not tastes worse at the footy
[post="89725"][/post]​

Done a blind tasting for that, Darren? :p

Back