Sediment Reducers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewl

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys thought about sediment reducers. I have used all the time when brewing but was wondering if it would have a detrimental affect if I didn't use it? I find that it slows right down when transferring the beer and ends up being a real pain in the a**e. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew

Never used one till recently, can't say it reduced the sediment much. But that's just in my limited experience with them.

Like you, I have always used them. However on my last brew I forgot to put it in.

I didn't notice any significant increase in bottle sediment. I did notice that I go an extra longneck of brew due to the slight lowering of the tap feeding level.

However, I was using a Coopers fermenter which seems to have the tap particuarly high, if your tap is lower you might get a different result

It will reduce the amount of slurry getting into what ever it is your transfering to.

I've only used it twice so far, and I won't again. I haven't seen any real improvement in terms of sediment reduction, so I decided to stop using it

ok, thanks. I think i'll be turfing it

Latest posts

Back