Secondary Storage After The 6th Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotboost

Reaction score
My yeast has stopped after 3-4th day due to high temp 27deg.
Thinking transfer into another fermitation tank to settle b4 i bottle a weeks time. Doing this I hope to rid some of the sediment and also hopefully save what I read will be stuffed bear due to the heat..

Would not worry too much mate, 27 is hot but it will still be drinkable beer I think, just maybe dont serve it up to any all grain brewers or they will rip the hell out of it Im sure, your mates will probably still love it though.

As you said throw it in a secondary and if possible put it in a bath with a moist towel around it, you can drop off 3 or 4 deg at least by doing that just wet it in the morning and evening. Although having said that its a bit late as it has pretty much done all its fermenting so wont make much if any difference now, but hey it wont hurt either and just might do some good.

Bet it will still be better drinking than the likes of VB, West End etc etc

Quite possibly your beer has finished after 4 days at 27.It wont taste like a BEER, you have had before tho.

More like a fruit punch ;)

Unfortunately,a half decent beer needs fermentation temps around 18-20 c.Hotter=bad beer.

Bottling wont lessen the affects of a bad ferment,will still taste shit.

You need to cool your fermentation temp to between 18-20c

Latest posts

Back