Secondary Fermenting Temperatures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stowaway

Reaction score
Ive only got room for 1 fermenter in my fermenting fridge. and 1 "fermenting esky".
but i want to brew more! (and the temps in the gold coast are getting too high to do room temperature)

I was thinking that if the fruity tastes come mostly when it is fermenting.. Then can I do my secondary fermenting at room temp and put anotehr brew in the esky for primary?

Or will i still get fruity flavours?

So you've got a fermenting fridge and an esky that will fit a fermenter? Why not just stick the secondary in the esky, with the esky standing on it's end. Then use ice to control the temp on the esky?

So you've got a fermenting fridge and an esky that will fit a fermenter? Why not just stick the secondary in the esky, with the esky standing on it's end. Then use ice to control the temp on the esky?

i currently use them both to ferment..
the problem is i want to ferment 3 things...

Stowaway, when you say "secondary", are you referring to an actuall secondary fermentation (ie where there is still yeast activity, with sugars left to consume), or are you referring to a conditioning phase, where FG has already been achieved in primary fermentation? And what yeast strains, and what kind of temperatures are we talking about?

Back