• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Second-Hand Grain Mill EOIs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mill is sold to Sugar89 pending pickup.

Cheers [emoji106]

I'm selling my Keg King Maltmuncher 2 roller mill, 2 years old and seen about 250kg of grain.

Located inner north Melbourne, will wait a week to see if there's any local takers before going postal.

Asking $50 plus postage.

https://i.imgur.com/Qyu3z21.jpg
if no local takers and you can (unpack the hopper maybe) get it all to adelaide for about $75 total, i'll be in. - cancel that - all sold i see

If anyone in Perth interested in a ghetto mill in a bucket so they can buy bulk malt and get into cheap BIAB I'll swap it for some decent local craft beer.

It's not fancy but it works. I've milled well over 100kg of malt with it and made many kegs of beer from the results. Runs nicely off a drill.

:p

My mill is now sold.

Surprised there's not been more up for grabs. Maybe people are holding off until they get their new mills set up?

You guys might also try posting in the minimill bulk buy thread.and directing them here, not sure how many people realise this thread is here..

Second-hand mills have been selling for $45.00-$50.00 here. For that price I would stick it in the shed. You never know.
The $50.00 you will spend and have nothing to show for it, otherwise you have a nice mill you'll never use again.....that's me.

Second-hand mills have been selling for $45.00-$50.00 here. For that price I would stick it in the shed. You never know.
The $50.00 you will spend and have nothing to show for it, otherwise you have a nice mill you'll never use again.....that's me.

For me selling the mill was less about recovering money and more about allowing someone else to get into brewing all grain at a low entry price. I prefer the thing to be actually used by someone. I'm a bit like that, I prefer use, reuse or repurpose, over hoarding, recycling or outright discarding.

If my only mill craps out, I'll see if someone nearby can help out until it's sorted. Hopefully, it won't come to that - the new MM seems like a solid bit of gear, certainly better build quality than the Ozito drill hooked up to it! :eek:

I second peteru. I shelled out all that dough for the MMMMMM because of its longevity, I don't plan on needing my old one. If the muncher breaks, my LHBS can mill for the interim.

Giveaway Marga Mill
Send me a 5kg satchel.

Served many years and the rollers are still knurled like new. Set for BIAB crush.
Marga out of the box came with a hand crank that slots into the side of the mill.
I got it straightened out and cut off to form a drill bit that I used in an Ozito variable speed corded drill on low speed. Perfect.

About six months ago the drill bit eventually reamed out the receiving female bit and was spinning. So I filled the hole with epoxy putty, jammed the drill bit back in and it worked ok, but a wee bit wobbly. So now instead of living in the drill, the shaft lives in the mill.

The bulk buy for the mini mill came up and couldn't be happier. Marga would be good for a beginner all grain brewer. Treat it carefully and you'd get a fair bit of use out of it.
Here's what you get.

marga giveaway.jpg

On the mill, note the shaft that you fix your slow speed drill onto.
There's a clamp at the bottom that you use to attach the mill to a plank so the grain falls into a bucket. Put a big weight on the other end such as a gas bottle etc.
As follows:

marga.jpg

You don't get the big hopper at the top, too big to post. Go to Bunnings and get the gutter leafguard thingo whatisit for a few dollars.

Treat it kindly, should get a few brews out of it.

edit photo no 2 was when the bit lived in the drill not the mill.

Giveaway Marga Mill
Send me a 5kg satchel.

Served many years and the rollers are still knurled like new. Set for BIAB crush.
Marga out of the box came with a hand crank that slots into the side of the mill.
I got it straightened out and cut off to form a drill bit that I used in an Ozito variable speed corded drill on low speed. Perfect.

About six months ago the drill bit eventually reamed out the receiving female bit and was spinning. So I filled the hole with epoxy putty, jammed the drill bit back in and it worked ok, but a wee bit wobbly. So now instead of living in the drill, the shaft lives in the mill.

The bulk buy for the mini mill came up and couldn't be happier. Marga would be good for a beginner all grain brewer. Treat it carefully and you'd get a fair bit of use out of it.
Here's what you get.

View attachment 110597

On the mill, note the shaft that you fix your slow speed drill onto.
There's a clamp at the bottom that you use to attach the mill to a plank so the grain falls into a bucket. Put a big weight on the other end such as a gas bottle etc.
As follows:

View attachment 110598

You don't get the big hopper at the top, too big to post. Go to Bunnings and get the gutter leafguard thingo whatisit for a few dollars.

Treat it kindly, should get a few brews out of it.

edit photo no 2 was when the bit lived in the drill not the mill.
Bribie, I would like this if still available pleeeeese!?

Back