Schnitzel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamt

Too busy (lazy) to brew.
Reaction score
Now this may not match up to some of the other gourmet threads. Whilst I'm a fan of this I also find myself enjoying the simpler foods. The humble schnitzel, usually ruined beyond belief by pubs around Australia, is a blank canvas upon which masterpieces may be created. Masterpieces such as the massive Chicken Schnitzel Mexicana, courtesy of the Coopers Alehouse:

Image298.jpg

It gets:
10/10 for size
9/10 for concept (needs jalapenos)
8/10 for taste (was a little over-grilled)
-1 for putting chips under the schnitzel (though to be fair there was no other room on the plate)

Now this may not match up to some of the other gourmet threads. Whilst I'm a fan of this I also find myself enjoying the simpler foods. The humble schnitzel, usually ruined beyond belief by pubs around Australia, is a blank canvas upon which masterpieces may be created. Masterpieces such as the massive Chicken Schnitzel Mexicana, courtesy of the Coopers Alehouse:

View attachment 28895

It gets:
10/10 for size
9/10 for concept (needs jalapenos)
8/10 for taste (was a little over-grilled)
-1 for putting chips under the schnitzel (though to be fair there was no other room on the plate)

We did something similar in our the bistro that Lloydie and I ran! it was quite popular.

Mrs Parma's in melbourne put there chips and salad in a seperate bowl!

It does look a little dark. I would guess thats being deep fried.

never taint a good original parma...

had parmas last week @ Mrs Parmas last week with Maple with a couple of beers whilst decinign on our old bruin recipe. great parmas.

actually I made chicken parmas last night for dinner and left overovers will be tonight. must take a pic. simple really.

cut chicken breast down natural line so it looks like a heart shape.
then get some plastic and a flat meat mallet and bang it out so its got at least 1cm thickness.
some egg and little milk. dip the breast into that, then into breadcrumbs. (can dip in flour first if you want).
then shallow fry in hot oil till brown, then add topping and grill.

so easy. no excuse to buy pre made Schnitzels.

add parmesan to the breadcrumbs....

i dont think you get a lot of flavour out of flavouring the crumbs for a parma as it gets lost in the sauce and cheese (and other toppings). if its just plain Schnitzels then yeah I put some parasean and herbs into the crumb mix. nice and juicey.

Add a crumbled chicken stock cube and some dried oregano to the breadcrumbs.

The secret ingredient is MSG :p~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes there is, it's too expensive to eat by the spoonful!

No offence to anyone here, but Chicken Schnitzels are one of the worst foods around IMO.. :icon_vomit:
KFC is much nicer, yet people still rave over schnitzels.... Why???? :unsure: Chicken Breast should be treated in a much nicer way....

Each to their own though.. :huh:

The quality of food and the way its prepared today would make Escoffier turn in his grave...

CB (The Real "Masterchef")

Oh, some ladies once came into our Restaurant and looked at the Menu, they said "There is no Chicken Schnitzels on the menu, you can usually tell how good a Restaurant is by its Schnitzel" I could do nothing but walk away!!!! Much better food out there..................

Ohh those are old! Those schnits are actually not that much bigger!

My God you could use those schnitzels for a heat shield on the space shuttle!!!! :beerbang:

:lol: Let me guess... the sausage isn't much bigger than yours either... ;)

And all of those schnitzels come from ONE of my girlfriends' breasts. :icon_chickcheers:

so easy. no excuse to buy pre made Schnitzels.

Absolutely. Whenever I make schnitzel I just make plain simple pork or veal, pork is more erratic but comes out better on a good day. Cook up a shitload to justify taking all that crumbing ingredients & effort. Serve with a potato salad made with finely chopped dill pickles & red onion and a dressing of cream, sour cream, mayo, seeded mustard and horseradish cream. Add a couple of dill pickles and a pat of mustard to the plate on serving.

Then, because you've cooked so much, eat schnitzel, potato salad, mustard and dill pickle sandwiches on dark rye bread for the rest of the week :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back