Scb - Beer On Tap At The Elephant & Wheelbarrow Bris

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
The Elephant and Wheelbarrow, Whickham St Fortitude Valley now has Sunshine Coast Brewerys new Bitter on tap. At last another Bris pub with decent beer since 152 Oxfords sell out to the corporate megaswill clan. Pumped from what appears to be a beer engine. Sunshine Coast Brewery is now under new ownership and has undergone somewhat of a rnăscence, their Draught Ale winning Silver at the Australian International Beer Awards held in Melbourne last April.

We've got an Elephant and Wheelbarrow down here that used to have some great english beers on tap.. (by great i mean, have some english beers on tap).
Speckled Hen
Boddingtons
Bass
and a couple others that i cant think of

Anyways, it got sold off and now serves australias finest :angry:

Good to see some positives up your way screwy

Worth checking out too for those who havent' tried it! A nice beer indeed I thought. Havent' had it at the Elephant yet but will have to make a trip I think...

Elephant and Barrow in QLD is a nice lil place, used to DJ downstairs with some Qld crew about 2-3 years ago.

Yep, the E&W is pouring The Bitter now, so any Brisbanites heading to the Mountain Goat gathering on Wednesday night will be able to duck down the mall for a quick pint whilst in the area.

The Sunshine Coast Summer Ale will also be going on tap later this week at another brissy venue -
The Brewhouse

Cheers
Ian

Any of the Brisbanite's thinking of heading to the Bowery for some Mountain Goats and maybe a pint at the E&W? Not certain of heading there but am thinking about it...

Any arm twisters out there?

Sure tasted ok on Saturday, we all had a few to be sure though. :)

ok, I'm outta the loop, what is this Mountain Goat gathering you speak of ?

I know the next big Qld get together is the July case swap, but if anyone is interested I could organise a bit of a quick pub crawl sometime in August or Sept - maybe the Brewhouse, E&B - any other suggestions ?

Cheers,

Alan.

Im thinking about going.

GOAT DOES BRISBANE 08 Jun 2007

Cam and Dave head to Brisbane on Wed 20 June for the first ever QLD Goat Army gathering. Pop into the Bowery (676 Anne St, Fortitude Valley) at 7pm and we'll buy you a beer. We'll have all four of our beers there for the evening.
http://www.goatbeer.com.au/

I know the next big Qld get together is the July case swap, but if anyone is interested I could organise a bit of a quick pub crawl sometime in August or Sept - maybe the Brewhouse, E&B - any other suggestions ?

Cheers,

Alan.

Sorry, I did post a little under the assumption that it had been discussed somewhere.

I checked out the Mountain Goat site following beersom's post and they are going to be in town at the Bowery, 676 Ann St, on Wednesday night to show off some of their beers...

"GOAT DOES BRISBANE 08 Jun 2007

Cam and Dave head to Brisbane on Wed 20 June for the first ever QLD Goat Army gathering. Pop into the Bowery (676 Anne St, Fortitude Valley) at 7pm and we'll buy you a beer. We'll have all four of our beers there for the evening. "

Cheers,

Alan.

GOAT DOES BRISBANE 08 Jun 2007

Cam and Dave head to Brisbane on Wed 20 June for the first ever QLD Goat Army gathering. Pop into the Bowery (676 Anne St, Fortitude Valley) at 7pm and we'll buy you a beer. We'll have all four of our beers there for the evening.
Was out OTP over the weekend - no way I'll get a leave pass for this as well sadly :(

Edit: not quick enough...

I'd be very interested if we can sort transport out :party:

Cheers Ross

I'd be very interested if we can sort transport out :party:

Cheers Ross

Well I'd plan to go from work probably but might be able to arrange it so you kip at mine and drive home/back to work in the morning... I could then come home and find you and we could go from my place in...

Have to discuss with the powers that be :)

Then again if Jye is coming that might be another option?

Im going straight from uni and will be going out for dinner with the missus and friends after... so it wont be a biggy for me ;)

Im going to try and work it so we go to the E&W before hand.

Sticking my neck out here as we only just got back from the GC tonight, BUT! because we have to be back on the GC on Thursday I'm gonna attack SWAMBO right now and suggest a night in Brisvegas tomorrow night, we can leave from there for the Goldie on Thu, makes sense to me.

Will PM Jye and bconnery if all goes accorging to plan.

Screwy.

Sticking my neck out here as we only just got back from the GC tonight, BUT! because we have to be back on the GC on Thursday I'm gonna attack SWAMBO right now and suggest a night in Brisvegas tomorrow night, we can leave from there for the Goldie on Thu, makes sense to me.

Will PM Jye and bconnery if all goes accorging to plan.

Screwy.

I'll see you there Michael :)

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back