Scary Market Research.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbeer

Reaction score
And on the subject of why we have the beers we do here in OZ...

Have a look at this crowd, I think you may a target demographic for what we affectionately know as mega-swill on here... :unsure: drambuie research

I wish I could say that I thought they were paid actors. :blink:

It's hardly a thorough survey when you only interview the cream of sydney drinkers!

hmmmmmmmm drambuie and scotch mixed together - its called a rusty nail. bloody lovely. cant view the video while at work.

I wonder if any of them signed a release for their quality comments ? :p

Doc

It's hardly a thorough survey when you only interview the cream of sydney drinkers!

Research conducted in Sydney and Melbourne. I think most of the video content came from Melbourne though :beerbang:

Doc

:lol: That was hilarious. I especially liked the part when they asked who do you think would drink that. Somehow I don't think they are their target market.

Cheers

Timely they made that ad on dole day. Maybe they should have said that Drambuie alters your chromosomes. :wacko:

Warren -

Research conducted in Sydney and Melbourne. I think most of the video content came from Melbourne though :beerbang:

Doc

Yep, NSW State of Origin tops, rat tail hair cuts and yellow number plates ... Melburnians all the way. :lol:

Warren -

That put a smile on my face, did it what! Love the ending...and the fella who gets asked about 'subtle nuances'...hahaha, the response was awesome.

I dont really see the point of that, was it trying to make Cashed up bogans feel better, middle classers feel better, or was it just a cheap shot at hard-core barnsies?

?

Um.. yeah, the line between inspired and insipid - that's were this ad sits

"You got the meat raffle tickets wet you dipsh*t !"

lol

That's great!

I love how they ask for your postcode if you go to "madeforaprince.com.au"

"Our research suggests you hail from an area thriving with bogans and there is a strong likelyhood that you may find nothing of interest at this site. Maybe try this instead"

Yeah, probably a fair call for Ipswich... :lol:

I dont really see the point of that, was it trying to make Cashed up bogans feel better, middle classers feel better, or was it just a cheap shot at hard-core barnsies?

?

I guess they already met the requirements. They got people talking about it and sharing it with friends.
What was the last bit of Drambuie advertising you remember ?

Doc

What was the last bit of Drambuie advertising you remember ?

My old duck offering me a quick nip back when I was a young tacker, probably 25 years ago. That'd be the last time I saw Drambuie "advertised" :)

I think that the group of people we saw there would say exactly the same thing if they tasted a "real" beer. I went with a group of friends recently to a local micro brewery and was listening to the guys on the table next to us complaining about the "strong tastes" in the beer.

Latest posts

Back