Sanitising time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben85

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a first time brewer and I'm just wondering if you can botlte your brew straight after Sanitising your plastic bottles or do they have to be 100% dry inside? Ive used Morgans No Rinse Sanitize.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

No, they don't need to be dry, just rinse, drain and let them stand for 5 mins or so for the sanitiser to work.

I used Morgans sanitiser at first with great success, but then when the bottle quickly ran out, I bought starsan. I think I have at least 2-3 years supply of sanitiser for $16.

Morgans is good, but Starsan is just as good for a fraction of the cost. And when you go to use starsan, don't worry about the foam.

Thanks so much Matplat.

I've been over thinking the whole project trying to make sure I don't stuff it up.

Matplat said:
I bought starsan. I think I have at least 2-3 years supply of sanitiser for $16.
I dunno where I'd be without the stuff. I bought a bottle close to 3 years ago and splash it around like it's going out of fashion, still got a good tenth or so in the bottle.

I make 19L at a time and store it in an unused cube.

Am looking at starsan next cos I here such great things about it, only problem is I bought a big container of sterex a few years back and I'm sure someone keeps topping it up, just never seems to run out!

Latest posts

Back