Sandgropers, Case, 2008, Yada Yada

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just feel sory for the poor person who found out his lactatorial status, I hope they didn't cop any in the eye.

PS. I'll be trying for worst label

lactating Ok, but 'animal' ? - that's harsh.

I knew I shouldn't have taken those photos...

I'm no expert but I think some tempura batter would protect his delicate flavours from the intense heat of the deep fry.

I was flicking through my wife's copy of the latest 'Spice' magazine, and by sheer coincidence it has an article on how to deep fry a turkey. The first sentence is cause for concern:

".......it can only be achieved by a sober, careful person."

Where the hell are we going to find one of those with 24 hours notice?

I'll bring a copy of the article tomorrow.

I believe Captain Sensible may be available on the earlier part of the day, and he has some experience of such matters.

I didn't have time to buy crayons for the labels :(

I didn't have time to buy crayons for the labels :(

I can bring along some chalk?

Mark each bottle with a coloured chalk slash like the lambic brewers? It's traditional!

Bound to peev Capt Sensible off too and put you in the winning for worst label!

Bottlin' time over here too - I doubt it'll be carbonated by Christmas guys. Having said that though, I've skipped the somewhat redundant "priming" step, hence avoiding the carbonation issue completely.......... but I might put a slash on them with chalk for good measure. Perhaps it'll be carbonated by next Christmas?

I sure hope I can find a soy turkey by tomorrow afternoon.

I hope you guys are using different coloured chalk to the one I used.....

Hell

Saturday already

Suppose I should bottle mine now then.

RM

More jibber jabber----
I just pulled some Italian sausages out of the smoker. Am I permitted to bring them along even if they aren't deep fried? If you're doubtful,I can assure you that there is heaps of fat in them.

More jibber jabber----
I just pulled some Italian sausages out of the smoker. Am I permitted to bring them along even if they aren't deep fried? If you're doubtful,I can assure you that there is heaps of fat in them.

Mine wasnt Jibber Jabber Tony

It was advert panic.

RM

Just knocked off work, might be a little late but not too much.
See ya's there.

More jibber jabber----

Sounds good to me.

I wish I was having as much luck with my chook meat. I couldn't get the fire started in the wind, and now the smoker isn't getting up to temp due to the gusts. I may have to finish them off in the oven.

12 hours of brewing
50L of beer
7 Weeks of fermentation
88 Attenuated gravity points

Hope you guys like the commercial beer I bought :angry:

Another WA caseswap bites the dust.

Nice to see nearly everyone stick around after the swap this year, made for a good fun night.

Nice to see that again a caseswapper would gladly buy commercial beer in order to receive handcrafted beers in return.

Thanks to all who brought food, especially fryable food, and helped out.

Sorry I forgot to get the hand pump going, but that means you didnt get a sneaky advance taste of my case beer.

Lost and Found

Found one charcoal coloured kind of felty womans jacket
Found one soft pack beer carrier
Found two odd looking ovoid objects swimming in a jar of murky fluid
Found one jar of smoked nuts, the nuts are delicious, so you will only be getting the jar back
Found, one infra red thermometer, will return to AusDB when I have finished pointing it at things and giggling

Latest posts

Back