Sandgropers, Case, 2008, Yada Yada

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
Probably dont even need to post this, since I notice guys are brewing their case beer already, but....

The 2008 Sandgroper Christmas Case is organised by me. It is not an AHB sponsored event and it is not organised by consensus. I make the rules. I organise it each year because I want the opportunity to taste what other brewers in WA are making. It is not a competition. The idea is that you brew the best beer you can with your current skills and equipment and share them with your fellow brewers. Your fellow brewers make an effort to give you some feedback. I have bottles behind my shed if people need them. As a bonus, some are still full of comp beer.

The rules are:

1) Let n be the number of participants. Let B be the number of longnecks of beer you contribute.
2) Maximum value of n is currently 25. I reserve the right to change this.
3) B=n. No you dont get a bottle of yours back. We have an extra bottle for stuffups, and it saves me registering a false name to get an extra crate for myself.
4) If we dont get many signups we might make it B=2n.
5) A longneck can be plastic or glass, it contains between 500 and 800 ml of beer, 750 ml is best but anywhere in the range is OK. We are tasting each others beer, not arguing over whether a glass crown seal is better than a PET screw top.
6) All beers must be labelled. (It looks better in the swap photos!).
7) We make beer, not long discussion threads. We dont care what you are going to make, or what snack you might bring.
8) Think hard before entering. Once you commit, there is NO BACKING OUT. One year, one participant ended up buying commercial beer to meet his case obligations. We didnt argue, and we didnt let him off! He got a good deal, gave away German commercial beer, received hand crafted beers in return.
9) If bottle conditioning, remember, these beers are in OTHER PEOPLES HOUSES. We would rather drink undercarbonated beer than clean your beer off our ceiling, or remove your glass from our pets.
10) The case swap will happen a couple of weeks before Christmas, at my place in Bayswater. You either get the beers there before, or arrive on the day. We do the swap and you go away with a case of finely crafted beers for Christmas drinking.
11) Post your participation in this thread. No proxy entries, post under your nick or miss out.

Looking forward to it already!

PS This is not the right room for an argument.

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika

Request for clarification on Rule 5, in the 2007 case of Kai vs. Sandgropers Christmas Case. Is 500mL really acceptable ?

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat
7 Asher

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat
7 Asher
8 Randyrob

what no polls, and u call this a case swap thread :rolleyes:

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat
7 Asher
8 Randyrob
9 Recharge

Is it that time already

Captain? Can we put a cap on the number of Galaxy Pale Ales cased up :ph34r:

Request for clarification on Rule 5, in the 2007 case of Kai vs. Sandgropers Christmas Case. Is 500mL really acceptable ?

Captain? Can we put a cap on the number of Galaxy Pale Ales cased up :ph34r:

Jibber Jabber! :ph34r:

(of course I'm only making it worse - potentially even encouraging it)

The (my) rules are the rules. 500 ml is a longneck, but real longnecks are better. Have you had a cream ale before? Kais was my first and I tried it because Kai was able to use his 500 ml bottles, thats the whole point. Galaxy tastes like shit, it must do because my APA with galaxy didnt score well at the comp, excessive use of Galaxy may get you banned from future cases. As will excessive chitter chatter! No blow up animals to be seen in this thread.

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat
7 Asher
8 Randyrob
9 Recharge
10 Ausdb, I'm sure the mileto street strain will have done its best destroying something that was tasty by then

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat
7 Asher
8 Randyrob
9 Recharge
10 Ausdb, I'm sure the mileto street strain will have done its best destroying something that was tasty by then
11 Sinkas

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat
7 Asher
8 Randyrob
9 Recharge
11 Sinkas
12 Vlad The Pale Aler

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat
7 Asher
8 Randyrob
9 Recharge
11 Sinkas
12 Vlad The Pale Aler
13 barfridge

I haven't brewed since last years Christmas case, which wasn't ready in time and was terrible.

I fly back from holidays on October 23rd, so mine will be extra fresh

1 Guest Lurker
2 Doogiechap
3 kukulkan
4 Mika
5 clay
6 Goat
7 Asher
8 Randyrob
9 Recharge
10 Ausdb
11 Sinkas
12 Vlad The Pale Aler
13 barfridge
14 brendanos

13 barfridge

I haven't brewed since last years Christmas case, which wasn't ready in time and was terrible.

I fly back from holidays on October 23rd, so mine will be extra fresh
Umm Cap'n can we please please have a poll on what commercial beer Barfridge shouts us to this year :p

Latest posts

Back