Sandgroper Christmas Case 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would have thought trying to replicate Fosters Light Ice would be so tricky...I might need to tinker some more with the recipie.

Who would have thought trying to replicate Fosters Light Ice would be so tricky...I might need to tinker some more with the recipie.
Playing round with the second runnings of some monster belgian golden strong are we barfridge ;)

Participants:
1 Guest Lurker
2 Katie Gone ?
3 Kook
4 Doogiechap
5 WitWonder
6 Goat
7 ausdb
8 Mika
9 Randyrob - Nein Lives!
10 clay
11 brendanos
12 barfridge (lucky 13! and never learned to count)
13 Asher
14 LexP
15 Sinkas
16 GB
17 Vlad
18 Tony M - the techno tard
19 Lloydie
20 Malty Cultural
21 churchy
22 Simo
23 Cubbie
24 Kenworthy
25 Steggles

With the apparent demise of Ms KT, that leaves us one short.

Either way, I'd like to throw myself on the mercy of his Captain and the other swap participants.
Beer X is bottled in glass, Beer Y is bottled in glass. Beer X has been bottled since early January this year. Beer Y has been bottled since early June this year. Neither have shown any carbonation issues, or attempted to fracture a bottle.
I don't have enough of Beer X, hence the need for Beer Y to finish out the case. Both Beer X and Beer Y are IMO quite a bit better than my contribution last year.

The two beers per case has a precedence (Ash from '06 or '07). I just need to know whether the glass is acceptable ?

I haven't seen anything from Katie herself indicating that she won't be there, but if this turns out to be true then NME missed a spot on the list by minutes. I'll fire off a PM to him to let him know.

I haven't seen anything from Katie herself indicating that she won't be there, but if this turns out to be true then NME missed a spot on the list by minutes. I'll fire off a PM to him to let him know.

It's news to me as well but read her profile

Guest Lurker I'm probably breaking your number one rule. I won't be attending the WA case swap. What can I say! Except I apologise!

You dont have to attend to be in the swap, so I am not sure what that means. Isnt Lloydie the same brewery or am I confused?

May be worth sending a quick email before removing from the list.

I'll be back and might pop in to say hi... won't have anything brewed though, and container with good beer won't be back in time, but will see what I can scratch up?

Ant, I would blissfully contribute towards anything you manage to bring back with you ! My eyes were opened with the offerings you had a couple of years ago. .
The Yeti Imperial Stout is still lingering in the back of my palate somewhere........

:icon_drool2:

I'll be back and might pop in to say hi... won't have anything brewed though, and container with good beer won't be back in time, but will see what I can scratch up?

I think we all owe you a beer this time :)

No comment on the glass means it's OK ?

Either way, I'd like to throw myself on the mercy of his Captain and the other swap participants.
Beer X is bottled in glass, Beer Y is bottled in glass. Beer X has been bottled since early January this year. Beer Y has been bottled since early June this year. Neither have shown any carbonation issues, or attempted to fracture a bottle.
I don't have enough of Beer X, hence the need for Beer Y to finish out the case. Both Beer X and Beer Y are IMO quite a bit better than my contribution last year.

The two beers per case has a precedence (Ash from '06 or '07). I just need to know whether the glass is acceptable ?

Sorry missed this. Dispensation is now officially applied to allow one case swap member only to provide beer in glass, on the basis that there seems little risk of them causing problems in this case.

And there wont be any shortage of it. I just brewed a Foreign Extra Stout (7.5%) that will be on the hand pump.
Sounding good already. Was there anything I said I'd try bring back the last few times, but didn't? I forget these things too easily...

pabst blue ribbon baby

actually I woudlnt mind trying the Bud with tomato and clamshells Budwieser Chelada

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/37389

I would love the oppertunity to taste my CYBI Greenflash IPA alongside the commercial

I could go on but youd soon get bored

pabst blue ribbon baby

actually I woudlnt mind trying the Bud with tomato and clamshells Budwieser Chelada

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/37389

I would love the oppertunity to taste my CYBI Greenflash IPA alongside the commercial

I could go on but youd soon get bored
Chelada... I will do it. I will bring it back, pay duty on it, but you must drink it.

Greenflash doable if you're serious, but IMO when fresh it tastes like you just dryhopped a keg with 100gms Cascade. Pretty one-dimensional... But again, if you're serious, I'l bring one back. Don't have a large amount of space to bring back 24 bombers this time, but can bring a few samples, so speak now or forever hold your peace.

Update on the case swap members.

There may be another vacancy, still trying to find out.

Participants:
1 Guest Lurker
2 Katie Replaced by NME
3 Kook
4 Doogiechap
5 WitWonder
6 Goat
7 ausdb
8 Mika
9 Randyrob - Nein Lives!
10 clay
11 brendanos
12 barfridge (lucky 13! and never learned to count)
13 Asher
14 LexP
15 Sinkas
16 GB
17 Vlad
18 Tony M - the techno tard
19 Lloydie ??
20 Malty Cultural
21 churchy
22 Simo
23 Cubbie
24 Kenworthy
25 Steggles

Case swap day is 19 Dec.

I have sent a pm to all concerned let me know if you didnt get it.

This year we have:

More participants than ever before.
The bloke who brewed the best beer in any category in Australia this year is participating. How good is that?
The bloke who brewed the best light ale in Australia AND the best APA in Australia is participating
The bloke who brewed the second best pale ale in Australia is participating.
The bloke who brewed the third best strong stout in Australia is participating.
(Hmm maybe I wont put my FES on the hand pump!)

Its gonna be huge!

Back