Sandgroper Christmas Case 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... Steggles.... chicken ? Bail out ? Previous swap participant who never followed thru? conspiracy at work ? :ph34r:

:ph34r: Just sayin' :ph34r:

don't worry mika...I'll vouch for him :icon_cheers:

Hey I was up front this year, and just asked for an extra bottle, no need for sneaky tricks this year. I wonder how Corelion is these days?

Bugger says me :(
25 x 0.75l = 18.75l means very little quality assurance sampling will be happening on that keg and there had better be bugger all foaming when the bottles get filled :eek:
The PETS are only 700ml so that gives a couple of tastes and an odd dribble

The PETS are only 700ml so that gives a couple of tastes and an odd dribble
Coopers website says 740ml but I will make sure yours is full to the brim :D

Coopers website says 740ml but I will make sure yours is full to the brim :D
That is true. I just filled one up to overflowing with water and it weighed 741 grams on my chinese hop scales, but if you fill it to a civilised 50mm from the top, you get 700gm. I must say that a couple of last year's offerings had 700ml of beer and about another 100ml gas at about 10 atmospheres. Its all part of the fun.

Hmm... don't know if that's a strike for or against him ? :p

Cmon Mika, don't tar me with the same brush as others. My mate clay asked if i wanted to come along, as he had a good time last year. I've even put down a trial brew on the weekend. Anyway i'm lookin forward to it. Just got to get hold of plastic bottles i believe.
:icon_cheers:

Nice work Mr Chicken, practising saves having to buy beer to meet your case obligations, hey Mika? Plastic bottles are a bit of a hassle, but there have been enough glass bottles explode in peoples houses that I really dont want them used. I have a bunch of used plastic bottles from last years WA comp, but I plan to buy brand spanking new ones for my case beer, as a stray infection in a case beer being reviewed by a bunch of people can be frightfully embarrassing.

When do we decide on what beers to brew? I want to do one soon so I can leave them to carb up.

Andrew

Decide yesterday if you like, there are no rules regarding style etc.
Based on previous cases, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a brew or two that are done already.
Edit: And I won't be surprised if there are some being bottled on swap day!

Yup, brew whatever you like and whatever you think people will most appreciate trying. If we get 25 APAs, so be it.

churchy you have to brew a faithfull Pliney the Elder clone for us

Would 25 Wheat beers also be acceptable?

That would be my nightmare!
GL's too but I don't think he would mind if you threw in the odd saisony thing to mix things up or if you are really mischevious something with about 10% dark crystal or a Cara-aroma in it, I have it on good advice that he absolutely luurvves it :p

When do we decide on what beers to brew? I want to do one soon so I can leave them to carb up.

Andrew

Brew what you would brew for yourself, that way you'll get the most helpful feedback which is one of the best parts of the swap. If you brew something that you like, chances are that we'll love it too.

If circumstances force you to brew later than you had hoped, just write "do not drink until Feb 2010" (or whenever). Last year there were some beers with instructions to forget about them for at least six months. Which reminds me, it's time to unearth Doogie's belgian beast from last year........

I might brew one of my award winning beers from tonights award ceremony.Ha ha ha

4!

I'd be happy with being good enough to get one award at this stage.

Latest posts

Back