Sandgroper Christmas Case 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rob. You have to remember Tony is in the Eastern Block, and they are about 10 posts behind over there.

Participants:
1 Guest Lurker
2 Katie
3 Kook
4 Doogiechap
5 WitWonder
6 Goat
7 ausdb
8 Mika
9 Randyrob - Nein Lives!
10 clay
11 brendanos
12 barfridge (lucky 13! and never learned to count)
13 Asher
14 LexP
15 Sinkas
16 GB
17 Vlad
18 Tony M - the techno tard
19 Lloydie

Participants:
1 Guest Lurker
2 Katie
3 Kook
4 Doogiechap
5 WitWonder
6 Goat
7 ausdb
8 Mika
9 Randyrob - Nein Lives!
10 clay
11 brendanos
13 Asher
14 LexP
15 Sinkas
16 GB
17 Vlad
19 Lloydie
20 Malty Cultural

Participants:
1 Guest Lurker
2 Katie
3 Kook
4 Doogiechap
5 WitWonder
6 Goat
7 ausdb
8 Mika
9 Randyrob - Nein Lives!
10 clay
11 brendanos
13 Asher
14 LexP
15 Sinkas
16 GB
17 Vlad
19 Lloydie
20 Malty Cultural
21 churchy

wrt: "It is not a time to try something completely untested", if anyone still has my completely untested Sassy Burgundy left - i'll gladly swap for a unibroue/dupont etc. In fact, please, can I have a few back?!

No... but will open it with you if you like :party:
Every other year I've tried something untested, to my detriment last year :angry:

Regarding rule five, I haven't bottled in PET before so are there any steps I should follow to avoid plastic taint?

I can get new bottles easily enough and was thinking of giving them a rinse with boiling water and allowing them to vent for a few days before filling them. After that, I would just follow my usual bottling routine.

Regarding rule five, I haven't bottled in PET before so are there any steps I should follow to avoid plastic taint?

I can get new bottles easily enough and was thinking of giving them a rinse with boiling water and allowing them to vent for a few days before filling them. After that, I would just follow my usual bottling routine.

If you rinse them with boiling water they will melt!

Are you getting the cooper's PETS? If so if there new I never rinse them, just spray them with no rinse. We have never had a problem! Obviously if there being used that is a different story!

alternatively you could add boiling water to a 1.25ml pet bottle (schweppes etc) and it would probably end up around 600ml

wrt: "It is not a time to try something completely untested", if anyone still has my completely untested Sassy Burgundy left - i'll gladly swap for a unibroue/dupont etc. In fact, please, can I have a few back?!
Hi Brendan
I have been saving mine for a rainy day and to let it sour a bit more, I have been meaning to email you and ask how they were drinking as it has just gone into the fridge for consumption. If this brewday that was rumoured at the last club meeting gets off the ground how about we crack it then?

Is this the boiling water your sanitation routine Malty ? Those 'few days' are a bit of a worry if that is the case... unless you sanitise as part of the 'bottling routine'.

Is it that time of year already?!!
Hmmm
Ah......
hmmm

Yeah ok.

Participants:
1 Guest Lurker
2 Katie
3 Kook
4 Doogiechap
5 WitWonder
6 Goat
7 ausdb
8 Mika
9 Randyrob - Nein Lives!
10 clay
11 brendanos
13 Asher
14 LexP
15 Sinkas
16 GB
17 Vlad
19 Lloydie
20 Malty Cultural
21 churchy
22 Simo

I'll let you know what it's like in the new year. I'm saving that and Dougies for Christmas.

:ph34r:
Don't worry, it has company, with Barf's belgian thingy, Doug's verboden vructy and Case's oyster stout.

Is this the boiling water your sanitation routine Malty ? Those 'few days' are a bit of a worry if that is the case... unless you sanitise as part of the 'bottling routine'.

No, not part of the sanitation, just an idea to deodorise new plastic. From the replies, it sounds like it's unnecessary.

Bottling routine includes spotless bottles and starsan. Don't worry - I didn't poison anyone last time.

Participants:
1 Guest Lurker
2 Katie
3 Kook
4 Doogiechap
5 WitWonder
6 Goat
7 ausdb
8 Mika
9 Randyrob - Nein Lives!
10 clay
11 brendanos
13 Asher
14 LexP
15 Sinkas
16 GB
17 Vlad
19 Lloydie
20 Malty Cultural
21 churchy
22 Simo
23 Cubbie

Latest posts