Samuel Adams May Lose Craft Brew Status

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Came across this on an American Forum. Samuel Adams are getting too big and may be classed (and excised) as a big boy. Sad for SA but wouldn't it be nice to have a craft brewer category in Australia. In many ways the Americans are a very out of touch, old fashioned and strange nation (capital punishment, metric system, creationism etc) but in other ways they are a decade ahead of us.

Edit. oops helps if I insert the link.

Australia is well behind on the whole craft brewing caper. Go almost anywhere in the US, anyone who has a few beers on tap, and there's another microbrewer's sample to try. Every outing is an adventure. Whereas in Aus... same old handful of selections every pub, every restaurant.

The Samuel Adams Boston Lager is an amazing drop - especially on tap. Just bottled a clone, which from my sampling is going to be a cracker.

Came across this on an American Forum. Samuel Adams are getting too big and may be classed (and excised) as a big boy. Sad for SA but wouldn't it be nice to have a craft brewer category in Australia. In many ways the Americans are a very out of touch, old fashioned and strange nation (capital punishment, metric system, creationism etc) but in other ways they are a decade ahead of us.

Edit. oops helps if I insert the link.

metric system? isn't that the good one? :p

and Abbott is a creationist...so it's not only confined to the states. If abbott can get to his position then I think it mustnt be considered too old fashion or strange here either... :(

Latest posts

Back