Sabsosa 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doglet

Reaction score
SABSOSA_small_logo.png
SABSOSA invites all South Australian brewers to enter the 2010 competition.

Judging will be held on Sunday 19th September at the Holdfast Bay Bowling Club (entries close on Saturday 4th September).

The presentation will be on Sunday 3rd October - stay tuned for the venue.

This year's style guidelines and categories are basically the same as 2009 except Australian Bitter makes a reappearance.​
Entry forms and further information have been put on the SABSOSA website.

Good luck and happy brewing!

Contact SABSOSA

Thanks for posting Doglet.

Is the Mash Paddle California Common specifically linked to the State Comp in any way other than being one of the styles (4.3)?

There doesn't seem to be a category for American Ambers, did I miss it or can you enter it elsewhere?

Thanks for posting Doglet.

Is the Mash Paddle California Common specifically linked to the State Comp in any way other than being one of the styles (4.3)?
Brad, the Mash Paddle is part of that other comp a couple of weeks later not SABSOSA.
Cheers
Nige

SABSOSA 2010 update

The presentation day has been changed to Sunday 26th September. The presentation will be at the Wheatsheaf Hotel at 12pm.

Remember entries close on 4th September so not long to go now.

Happy brewing!

I am able to help steward, etc if need be, but I am no judge.

Let me know if needed mate.

Cheers.

Entry Drop Off update

Drop off points for this year are at:

Beerbelly Brewing Equipment - contact Wayne or Amanda Unit 4/12 McGowan St, Pooraka, ph 08 7225 4555

Brewmaker Home Brewing - Contact Bill McBride?, 560 North East Rd, Holden Hill, ph 08 8369 3649

Competition Convenor - Trevor Stephans, phone 0418 820 609 to arrange a convenient time

Remember entries close Saturday 4th September

Call for Stewards:

If you are interested in being a judging steward on the judging day (Sunday 19th September 2010 at the Holdfast Bay Bowling Club ) then please email [email protected] so we can add you to our mailing list.

This is a great way for people to see what happens on judging day. Training will be provided on the day.

Thanks
Tim

(PS raven19 - Thanks & PM sent)

I had a bounced reply also - however Doglet assures me the email also gets through no worries apparently!

Yep the emails are coming through but I think there is one address on the forward list that is old. This will be sorted this week.

Thanks for your offers of help Russ & raven.

Cheers
Tim

Sponsorship update

SABSOSA is please to announce the following new sponsorships:

McLaren Vale Beer Company have come on board as a gold sponsor.

Also the members of SAMBA (South Australian Micro Brewers Association) will generously provide various prizes from their breweries.

These sponsorships are fantastic as they are provide a link between the homebrewers and micobrewers in SA. Some of the micro brewers in SA are former SABSOSA winners, judges and stewards.

Thanks to all of the competition sponsors and supporters. Your sponsorship helps keep our competition one of the cheapest in Australia to enter whilst still being able to provide great prizes.

Cheers

Reminder: Entries close this weekend on 4th September.

Drop off points are Beerbelly, Brewmaker Home Brewing or call the convenor.

See the SABSOSA website for more details.

I had a great time yesterday stewarding, was super to meet a heap of new faces and plenty of regulars too.

Some crackingly good brews were enjoyed in the afternoon once we finished judging the 200-ish entries.

There is nothing quite like having the top 3 beers in every class sitting there waiting to be drunk.

Its a tough gig... :icon_drunk:
Looking forward to the Wheaty and presentations next Sunday too.

When should we expect to see results guys?

I dare say the results will be posted on this forum following presentations next Sunday.

Results should be posted on the SABSOSA website in the next 24 to 48 hrs.

Cheers
Mark

Back