Sa Xmas Case Swap 2006

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Hi fellow South Australians.

As it is almost end of June - If we are we going to do another Xmas Case Swap this year - we had better start teh organising.

So far - all teh SA Xmas Case swaps have been Fantastic... :super:

Happy for ideas on styles, beers etc.

I've got a (probably) infected Old Ale and a Beermakers Draught I can give you Ken :D

Seriously though,

I'm more than happy to go in it again. The quality of the beers has been right up there - must be the Adelaide water we use :blink:

This year I'm thinking a D'orf Alt and an ESB

In the ghetto with Stu, looking up at the stars, through the condensation of an empty glass,
Steve

If the momentum picks up, I'll be back in again. Thinking a fresh drinking Amarillo wheat and maybe a Scottish or stout that will age a bit longer.

In the ghetto with Steve, looking up at the stars, wondering where my glass went,
stu

Well I'm considering an Alt and probably an APA. A nice change to my usually Mild and Ordinary Bitter dominated brewing.

Last year I had to buy a new bottling wand because I hadn't used one for so long. Hope I can remember where I put it this time. Don't want to have to buy another this year.

PS. A bunch of brewers were over my place on the weekend and we cracked GMK's Chocolate RIS. No-one keeled over ;) . Even heard a few comments about it being drinkable ;) , which was high praise for this bunch of beer bashers.

Cheers
MAH

PS. A bunch of brewers were over my place on the weekend and we cracked GMK's Chocolate RIS. No-one keeled over ;) . Even heard a few ;) , which was high praise for this bunch of beer bashers.

Cheers
MAH

Dam - I thought that "comments about it being drinkable" was High Praise for GMK :beer: :rolleyes:

Last year I had to buy a new bottling wand because I hadn't used one for so long. Hope I can remember where I put it this time. Don't want to have to buy another this year.

MAH

Uncle MAH, give me a hoy when the time comes. I bought out Harris Scarfe's stock when they pulled the pin on Coopers, at 45c a pop. I think I still have about 10 spare :eek:

I too would like to go in this year, as i cottoned on to this website too late last year and missed out.

i'm going to try to bottle something for summer since it'll be the Xmas case

maybe it's time I perfected Tangent's Lemongrass Lager (just testing yeasts now)
and i'll brew a fresh wheat as well maybe.

I'm in!

No worries guys - but i think we will need to cap the numbers to 25..

Then we all supply 48 stubbies of beer - 2 for everyone excluding yourself.
Last year, most people made it 2x24 stubbies - therefore 2 different beers.

I brewed my 1st All Grain Barley wine last year and it is in stubbies.
I will enter it in Anawbs and the SA State Championships - if it goes allright - i will put 24 of them in my Xmas Case.

and PLEASE, brew them now and bottle.
Fireworks are cool if you know when they're going to go off, if you know what I mean ;)

No worries guys - but i think we will need to cap the numbers to 25..

Then we all supply 48 stubbies of beer - 2 for everyone excluding yourself.
Last year, most people made it 2x24 stubbies - therefore 2 different beers.

I brewed my 1st All Grain Barley wine last year and it is in stubbies.
I will enter it in Anawbs and the SA State Championships - if it goes allright - i will put 24 of them in my Xmas Case.

If you're putting that Barley Wine in I tried at the Brew-Inn, then I will be in. Tasty drop.

(Actually I was keen to go in again anyways. I found it great last year to find out what everyone else is doing).

Hi Guys,

Is there room for me this year?

I have not given a lot of thought yet as to what to brew, and I detest bottling HB, but I will give it a go if there is a vacancy.

I was thinking along the lines of a dry stout or/and a radical variation on a standard porter. - I got the idea from, nah!! I'll make sure it turns out OK first. :ph34r:
Or OTOH an Aussie type "lagery ale" could be the go for the summer drinkers.

Cheers

I'd like to take part this year. Probably supply an English Pale and maybe a Chocolate Stout if the one I'm brewing now turns out ok.

As I haven't done this before does the swap take place on one day or......

I don't really want in if everyones brewing now, I don't want to swap my perfectly good fresh beer for 6 month old beer :lol: unless everyones doing 1.085 plus brews :p

Count me in I guess but willing to pull out to let some of the brewers that haven't been in on the previous years cases in if the numbers get too many.

What I'll brew is anyones guess.

Break me down and roll me once again.
Jayse

Man, its going to be painful with this thread active till Christmas, arguing over who will make what, who will pick from where and when.....

Meanwhile, over here in the West, a bunch of blokes will quietly turn up unannounced in my backyard a few weeks before Christmas, calmly swap bottles around, and head off in to the distance with their case before the dogs even notice someone is there!

Man, its going to be painful with this thread active till Christmas, arguing over who will make what, who will pick from where and when.....

My thoughts exactly

Meanwhile, over here in the West, a bunch of blokes will quietly turn up unannounced in my backyard a few weeks before Christmas, calmly swap bottles around, and head off in to the distance with their case before the dogs even notice someone is there!

That is my line of thinking, good damn its only june :lol:

Alcohol fueled brewtality.
Jayse

That is my line of thinking, god damn its only june :lol:

Alcohol fueled brewtality.
Jayse

Remember, kenny has to brew another big beer in time, just in case the ANAWBS, and "some other show", judges don't like it :p

BTW Kenny, if you like the beer and you are proud of it, put it in. What do beer judges know??

Jayse, a bit of warning is not bad if you do want to brew a bigger beer specifically for this, or one that could benefit from bottle age.

Me, I'll brew an ager and a drink now beer. That way when the time comes to say goodbye, the separation pangs won't be too bad - 'cos neither will be just quite ready to drink. One too old, one too young. Both potentially brilliant, of course :D

ok om in maybee more lagers or i may do a smoked belgian for an experiment

Back