• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

S/S Sheet in Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlegger

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone -
For all you Perthies out there who have or are building a Brau clone - can someone point me in the right direction.

I am chasing some S/S Sheet to make my filter plates and stand , however the scrap metalers i have rung either dont take walk in's or havent been very helpful.

I could go and try buying a new sheet from Metal land or similar i guess however im not keen on buying a 1.8M sheet when i only really need a small piece for my needs.

If anyone can help i'd be really appreciative.

Cheers!

I got two non perforated sheets off the internet and drilled them out, I would have preferred to find perforated straight up so if you find a big sheet of 2mm thick with 3mm holes I'd be prepared to go you halves depending on the cost.

Happy to go in for part of the sheet also if you go down that path.

I have a mate who has some SS sheets. I'll ask him about the dimension and whether he wants to part with some and get back.

How big are you talking?

I have bought metal at Auscon in Armadale a few times and a decent price.

I think a homebrew or two would help in negotioations too.

Also ask Mikey as he is a perth Boily.

I did a job at this place in Bunbury a couple of years ago http://www.bvametalfabrications.com.au/ while walking though the factory noticed they had an area for all sorts of offcuts, some of them being ss perf/sheet. I asked if they'd sell me some and they didn't have a problem at all. It cost me about $50 for a piece that gave me enough for 3 x 300mm circles. It was only 1.2mm thick so I had to re-enforce them but they work well. I think if you called into any business like this one around Perth and explained your a hopeless craft brewing addict with a bent for shiny blingy things they'd take pity on you and give you access to their Aladdin's cave.

Cheers

Roofspan industries in Myaree used to sell offcuts of SS sheet (perforated and non perforated)
Probably better to avoid the HB reference due to their religious background. 9434 5611

Thanks for the feedback guys! - I have made a couple of enquiries for a sheet or two of perf and will let you know how i go!

jyo said:
I have a mate who has some SS sheets. I'll ask him about the dimension and whether he wants to part with some and get back.

How big are you talking?
Sorry mate i missed this post - For my needs only need to cut 2x 350mm discs so a 900x400 sheet would be plenty -

Hi Guys, I have a price for the following sheet - one available -

I can make do with 1.5mm - ill just have to re-inforce it. And i have a mesh screen so the 10mm holes should be OK.

I only need 2x 350mm discs cut out of it so there is plenty spare if anyone wants to get in on it?

[SIZE=11pt]Size: 1219x2438x1.5mm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]S/S (just waiting on confirmation of the grade)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]2b Finish – [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]1.5mm thick -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]10mm Dia Perforations – [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]20 Ctr – (dunno what this means)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]40% open – (dunno what this means)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]45 Degrees pitch (similar to attached below ) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]$341.00 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] perf.jpg[/SIZE]

I already have plates so I'm more on the lookout for something better for my next malt pipe so I'll pass sorry mate. I might go to some engineering places as suggested and see what I can come up with.

Try rs components. I have ordered 500 x 500 mm sheets of perf off them in the past.

Locker group 93556500. Cheapest in perth for both perforated and woven stainless.

Latest posts

Back