Rydges C'town

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white.grant

tum te tum
Reaction score
I dropped into Rydges after work today to kill some time before a function and to sample a brew from the mircro. I was impressed by the "Brewmaster 500" and cylindroconical fermenters in the window, very shiny and clean. I'm just guessing that it was 10 keg system but I could imagine it in a double garage... mine ;)

I found the Appin Ale to be pleasant drinking if underhopped but did not have time to try the Fisher's Ghost Lager. Next time for sure.

Does anyone know what the story is there? Who is the brewer and how they process? I'm thinking that that system could be doing a lot more work than 1 ale and 1 lager every now and then which is how the bar person described it.

Worth a look anyway..

cheers

grant

Hi Grant , you need to talk to linz he know what goes on there. The last i heard was that the beers were actually brewed at the five island in the gong , expensive brewery just for bling factor.

The beers are now brewed by the Catholic club. Tim from FIBC was just brewing their to get them started.

Might be time to head back there and check it out

Kabooby :)

dont they have the Wheat there anymore? ???

Hiya

Alan is the brewer, he also covers across other jobs at Rydges. Lovelly bloke and good to hear the beer is going well.

5iBC and Tim got the ball rolling, then handed over the mash paddle so to speak.

Scotty

Digging up an old thread, but talking to Alan today the wheat is back on from next Wednesday. They gave him another tap so 3 beers in total.

So the Ale (was good, now like watered down Tooheys Old)
Wheat (enjoyed this one)
and Lager?? Bland but ok I guess...

Is that right?

Yeah those three. How long since you tried the ale? I thought it was pretty good when I was there last week.

was probably 5-6 months ago... very ordinary!

When it first opened I thought it was a nice beer.. Not since.. Will have to get back down there after my forced beer hiatus....

Send us a PM if your heading down mate, I'm working at CCC for the next couple of months.
The prices are a bit better down there now too.

Let us know when you head down.

I think it's time I tried the beers again.

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

Had a few beers at Rydges this afternoon, quite enjoyed the wheat, the ale was a bit off but the lager was nail polish remover. I've not experienced that before but its hard to miss.

cheers

grant

Back