Rydges Brewery Opening....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Linz,
Sadly the monkeys at CCC are not ready to put the Appin on as yet. So the beer most probably wont be on until next Thursday or Friday. Sorry about that its out of my hands.

TIMMY

Hope the Rev gets back to us about the Pale Ale...I'm on a 3 day break till sunday

I was down at Five Islands around 3-4 months ago and tried the Wit and the Pilsener... Both quite good brews actually (from what I can remember... I was at a wedding and started drinking around midday... Didn't get there till around 5ish in the arvo)

Cheers,
Andrew

That brings back memories. Is the Raby Tavern still going Linz?

C&B
TDA

I know one of the pubs around here burnt to the ground, with one of the staff living on the premises getting out with just his PJ's and everything else ashed!!..

Pretty sure they rebuilt again..not sure if it was the 'Raby', but I'll ask a few of my contacts..

I know one of the pubs around here burnt to the ground, with one of the staff living on the premises getting out with just his PJ's and everything else ashed!!..

Pretty sure they rebuilt again..not sure if it was the 'Raby', but I'll ask a few of my contacts..

Yeh the Raby pub did get burnt down and is rebuilt again. Not sure about the PJ's :unsure:

Kabooby

If the beers are on at Rydges this Friday I was going to call in after work. :chug:

I know Matti mentioned on the MALE forum he might be there.

Anyone else interested?

Kabooby :)

Hmmm...Friday might be a goer here!!

Any word of the new brew on tap revdrjbob?
I've seen the shiny kettles on the web page.
Looking to visit around 4ish.
matti

Dudes,
I dropped the Hefe to the cellar tank today and carbonated it. There's 1 full keg of the Macarthur Wheat left to go until it comes on. Big bananas, lots of spice. Ought to rock. The pale ale is coming along nicely, generous amounts of Fuggles in the aroma, still 2 full kegs of the first to go. Not sure when they CCC monkeys are looking to put either on tap, seems they're in no rush. Damn them. I'll get an email from their Beverages Manager when they are putting the beers on, and will let you all know.

Cheers, thanks for the support,
TIM

Any word of the new brew on tap revdrjbob?
I've seen the shiny kettles on the web page.
Looking to visit around 4ish.
matti

So, it seems friday is off then???

Do you guys want to wait 'til its on tap?
I was just curious to look at the place.
let us know.
cheers

Fit hit the shan at work yesterday which means today I am snowed under. See how it goes today and will let you guys know.

Kabooby :(

Ive already done my dough on the 'Imported' stuff.....anyone go down there today??

Having a beer is all about company and my work colleage and I had great time.
We had a great yarn we are looking forward to out next beer adventure.

Here is my rap of what's on tap.

Wheat beer: the saurkraut of beers :blink:

Blue Tounge lager: like biting into a granny apple :D It was fabulous and my favourite.

James Squire Pale Ale: A slight taste of saurkraut again but not as bad and a potential winner.

Appin ale: Rather dark and and first hit of dark chocolate then a rather malty nice ale.

I am not a connosaire of tastin and only one man in 6.6 billion people and I recommend to go there to find out for yourselves
A nice bar and friendly staff and a great view of the micro brewery.

Edited to change the order of the beers tasted in and correct comment .Beer vs comment

Ladies,
the real Macarthur Wheat is now officially on tap at the Rydges brewery thingo. Their cellarman rang me this morning to ask if it was ok to connect up the cellar tank to serve. The Belgian wit that was on is gone now, and the Hefe (liquid bananas) is good to go. Tell me what you think. Not sure when the real Appin Aple is due to pour.

Cheers,
TIM

With the long weekend nearing is there any folk keen to drink from the tap this Friday night?

Could be on the cards.

I do have a busy day planned playing golf :D

Kabooby :)

I do have a busy day planned playing golf

Kabooby
Edited in
U #$&$ ******* I am green of envy(used to play off 12 these days more 21)
If I find the strength and the will, I may pop in for one Hefe.
I want to compare it with the Belgian that really sucked. lol

Im there on THURSDAY!!!!(Day off,got a day shift on friday)

anyone else good to go??

PM me and I'll hand over the Mob number

Back