Running Strangebrew On Osx 10.3.9

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IainMcLean

Reaction score
Got my old iBook G4 out today while brewing - wanted to make it the combrewtor and run strangebrew on it... But I'm having difficulties getting SB to run on it. Works fine on my linux box in the house...

Did an update check and it's telling me its all up to date. Does anyone know how i might get a fix?

Got my old iBook G4 out today while brewing - wanted to make it the combrewtor and run strangebrew on it... But I'm having difficulties getting SB to run on it. Works fine on my linux box in the house...

Did an update check and it's telling me its all up to date. Does anyone know how i might get a fix?
Yeah, SB is a bit fiddly some times PITA if it won't run. Is there a terminal of some kind for the mac? Starting SB from an xterm is what I do when there's strife, at least there's some feedback as to what's going wrong that you don't get with running a launcher, it just vanishes in that case.

Yeah, SB is a bit fiddly some times PITA if it won't run. Is there a terminal of some kind for the mac? Starting SB from an xterm is what I do when there's strife, at least there's some feedback as to what's going wrong that you don't get with running a launcher, it just vanishes in that case.

Yeah, there is a terminal on the mac somewhere if I recall correctly - I'll give it a try and see what it tells me.

The other thought is to load ubuntu over OSX - the only variable I've not worked through on that one is my iPod is mac formatted and has my entire music collection on it from way back. It's kinda priceless. Currently Amarok doesn't mount it on Ubuntu...

Back