Rum On Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a mystery,

RTD is filled fresh and clean.

The first bit from a tap tastes nasty.

cheers

Darren

My kegs are filled fresh and clean the only 'nasty' bit could be some cleaning fluid left in the line, but I normally push this out with water, closely followed by product

I tried it once. My father in law owns a pub and I got a bottle from a box of coke syrup off him and put it in a corny, mixed in a 2L bottle of Bundy, carbed it up. It was ok, but it wasn't the same... That was through a flooded font. To tell you the truth, there was little difference between the first glass and the fifth, it still wasn't as good as just mixing it from the bottle, and it tied up a tap

Hi Kirem,

I agree with you there. Its just a "gathering" thing to do but storage like RTD's is not a good idea in kegs.

Besides, storage of pre-fermented alcohol, sugar and carbonic acid can't be good.

cheers

darren

Hi Kirem,

I agree with you there. Its just a "gathering" thing to do but storage like RTD's is not a good idea in kegs.

Besides, storage of pre-fermented alcohol, sugar and carbonic acid can't be good.

cheers

darren

what would be the risk?

edit; I suppose the alcohol/mixer solution would be around 5%, with significant sugar then yeah might end with a lot of waste.

My kegs are filled fresh and clean the only 'nasty' bit could be some cleaning fluid left in the line, but I normally push this out with water, closely followed by product

Aha Kirem,

But there comes the conundrum. Storage beyond one day at the party means that a homebrewer will have nastiness in their lines (in the form of a HUGE amount of sugar).

cheers

Darrren

Aha Kirem,

But there comes the conundrum. Storage beyond one day at the party means that a homebrewer will have nastiness in their lines (in the form of a HUGE amount of sugar).

cheers

Darrren

I can imagine it now. Sorry boys, get back up, we have to finish this keg, we simply cannot leave it for tomorrow. It is all or nothing. :lol:

Hey Kirem,

I was thinking about someone filling a keg a hoping to store it for a month.

cheers

Darren

Ive done a 1125ml Vodka and topped the rest of the 9ltr Keg up with Soda Water and topped off with co2, went down well... :)

But, for a 9ltr keg, you really need about 1400ml of Spirit and the rest mixer to get a much nicer drink...... A 19ltr keg would need 4x700ml bottles to fill it, so prob $120 worth of Basic Spirit plus mixer.....

:icon_cheers: CB

But, for a 9ltr keg, you really need about 1400ml of Spirit and the rest mixer to get a much nicer drink...... A 19ltr keg would need 4x700ml bottles to fill it, so prob $120 worth of Basic Spirit plus mixer.....
Or about $20 bucks worth of home made spirit :icon_chickcheers:

There's a chance that reading between the lines of one or two posts above you might have avoided the need to try and wrestle with Captain Obvious.

There's a chance that reading between the lines of one or two posts above you might have avoided the need to try and wrestle with Captain Obvious.
I carnt read real well,was partially blind :lol:

Back