Rouge Beers At The Wheaty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
For those who have not visited recently there are two Rouge beers available at the Wheaty now. They have:

Morimoto Imperial Pilsner
http://www.rogue.com/beers/morimoto-pilsner.php

Morimoto Black Obi
http://www.rogue.com/beers/morimoto-black-obi-soba.php

A imperial porter and esb will be available soon. Limited stocks so I would get down there soon if you want some. Be prepared for some sticker shock though. These things don't come cheap. I will let you find out the price for yourself or you may avoid going to get them. If you just head down there and find yourself drunk enough I'm certain you will be able to justify it.

I grabbed one of each but have not tasted them yet.

The Rouge Brutal Bitter and Shakespeare Stout are now also available.

I called in there the other day and had a crack at the Mountain Goat Hightail off cask and also the double IPA on tap. I have to say I was expecting more from both of them. The 2IPA has a real cloying sweet finish and a huge whack of something Piney like Southern Cross as a late addition. Really doesn't balance well with the rest of the beer. Be interested to see what others think

I called in there the other day and had a crack at the Mountain Goat Hightail off cask and also the double IPA on tap. Be interested to see what others think
I have not had hightail of cask for a while but it was good when I had it. I tend to only hit the cask beers in winter. They tend to let them get a little warm over summer.

This years double IPA was a bit cloying and sweet. Must be getting a little old now too. Was very drinkable when fresh but that was a while ago now. The previous years version was drier and more drinkable from memory.

Make sure you try the Rouge brutal bitter if you make it down there. I had it off tap in Tokyo and it was awesome. I hope it is even half as good in the bottle. It's not as over the top as the name would suggest.

The Rouge Brutal Bitter and Shakespeare Stout are now also available.
Are these red french beers or independent/unconventional beers? :unsure:

:cough: rogue :cough:

Latest posts

Back