Rossco Coming Down For Anawabs Presentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Had a rush of blood while in the chatroom tonight & just booked flights to Adelaide.
coming down saturday, back early evening sunday.

Who's up for a session on Saturday lunchtime/night? Sorry it's short notice.... :party:

cheers & a few beers...

ross

Rude not to I guess.
:p

Er, The Wheatie? Again?
:huh:

Early start early'ish finish would suit me. I'm working Sunday.
:(

I'll just put my very used drinking hat through the wash and will be up for something/whatever.

Maybe someone wants to host a brewday, hint hint :super:

Anyway whatever i'll have a few sarsparellas saturday.

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

Ok, arrive 10.40am saturday - on the 8pm flight home sunday (god willing)

will sort out the middle bit hopefully over the next day or 2 :party:

cheers Ross

Oooh! Brew day sounds good, I've never actually seen a full-on AG. I could pop my wheatie cherry too. Sounds like fun!

I'm always keen to have a drink with the boys and to meet the interstaters but I have a wedding on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I can't get out of it either ;)

Flat out like a lizard drinking this weekend but if you make it up to Grumpy's on Saturday afternoon then I'll see you there.

I could possibly host a brew day saturday, if Ross supplies the hops ;)

I'm always keen to have a drink with the boys and to meet the interstaters but I have a wedding on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I can't get out of it either ;)

Hell Steve,
I hope it is not yours! :unsure:

Damn it Ross, I am too busy at the moment to include a trip to Adelaide.
I am a bit partial to a session at the Wheaty although I dont remember much of my last visit. :lol: :ph34r:
Enjoy your stay inAdelaide and i am sure the boys will make you welcome.

Cheers

have to check the calender Ross but put me down for a defintie maybe .

Good Luck on Saturday Steve

Hi Ross

I'm up for some drinks on Saturday night. My partner is going to a wedding (unlike Steve I was able to get out of this one). If need, my place in the City can be used as a stage point for the start of the night and I can put on a few beers.

I will not be able to check back in too much to see how things are going (still in WA), but you can give me a call on my mobile if need be.

Cheers
MAH

We could head for the FAD bar and have some Gulf Brews or the German Club followed by the Belgian. I'm in by the way. I was working on Saturday night but have had that burden removed. Only have to work Sunday now :(

i should be free sat arvo as its spos to rain but i doubt ill b in for the wheatie or fad bar

Sounding like some plans in the making so far and some lovely ideas coming along.
Maybe see what the consensus is by tomorow nite and go with that, as is it looks like a full brewday at sams might be great but most people are pretty much restricted to a late afternoon nite time session. All crashing MAH's house early evening sounds like fun and walking blinding to the fad and what not or whatever.
Also a possiblity to go to grumps on the bus for a late lunch is on the cards for a few hours earlier in the day.

Anyway I'll wait and see what blows everyones skirts up and go with that.

Boozed, broozed and broken boned.
Jayse

Ross, good to see an interstate sponsor making an appearance, following hot on the heels of Brissy Brew (aka Mashmaster) who was there for the Mash Paddle judging last Sunday.

I'll catch up with you at the ANAWBS presentation at Regency Tafe, Days Rd, Regency Park on Sunday from 12 Noon.

Sadly I won't be able to make it to any brew days, Grumpys, or whatever on Saturday. Might just be able to sneak away on Sunday to the Wheaty for a quiet one or two......

BTW anyone else interested in the presentation show is welcome to rock up. There is a $10 door charge, but that gets you a souvenir tasting glass and access to every wine (some 600) entered in the wine part of the show. These were judged earlier this week, flushed with Co2 and recorked ready for Sunday.

Sadly the beers are all long since consumed, or other wise disposed of. There is a rumour, however, that there may also be a limited supply of local microbrewed beer, courtesy of another sponsor - Gulf Brewery - available on the day.

For all the AHB contingent who donated time and brain cells as judges, please let me remind you that you have free entry to the presentation day :super:

If it's a multi-venue arrangement I guess it gives Ross maximum opportunity to catch up with people.
How about something like a Grumpy's afternoon then back into town for FAD/MAH/German/Belgian/Wheatie (not necessarily all of the above :excl: )

Thoughts?

Ross, how does this start to stack up for your requirements?

keeping a watch on this, im up the valley wine tasting saturday. not sure can make saturday night. but if anything pops up on the sunday. im in

Drinks from 6pm at my place in the Cityare fine if there is still interest. It's really up to Ross, so we will wait and see what he wants to do.

Cheers
MAH

In between some very boring conference presentations, I gave Ross a call and it looks like he will be staying at a hotel in the CBD, so most likely the pubs we will end up at will be in around the City, like FAD, BBC, German Club or the Wheatie.

I think a good schedule could be a few beers at my place, a quick stroll over to FAD to have some of Pedro's beers, then a taxi ride off to the Wheatie for a good range of beers. Alternativley we could also include a stop in North Adelaide at the Archer, but on a Saturday night, I think the North Adelaide bars will be chockers with teeny boppers, so best to avoid.

Cheers
MAH

I'll be at a friends birthday party on saturday arvo / evening, but there's a whisker of a chance that I'll be able to swing by to say hi on the way through to pick up kids later in the evening if anyone is still standing.

I'll give one of the adelaide guys a call on the mobile if it's looking like a chance.

If i don't make it, I hope you have a good one Ross.

Cheers
Boots

Latest posts

Back