Rockhampton Drinking - Where To Go?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock Vagus ah the memories,Worked for the Health Dept there for a few years. Shite Pubs, shite night life but the nurses were freindly.In fact I married one.Cool.Take your own beer and cowboy suit and you will fit right in. :rolleyes: Best thing in Rocky was the road out.
GB

sorry to bring up a old thread but Ther is one place that is full of hard to find european/german beers in rockhampton. its The anchor Motel it is a great place the Owner is a great guy realy knows his Beers and loves what he is doing. i sometimes pickup my favorite beer from ther AVENTINUS great heavy beer, i love it he has so many styles avalible And has a German black beer on tap. the place isnt much to look at from a distance but once inside u feel at home. Free jukebox and pool tables. worth the effort of going for a visit. Regards Darren Mcdonald

Edit i forgot to mention he has another of my favs that elliot suggested to try cause he didnt have aventinus avalible and that is a Bavarian Wheat Erdinger, I love it as well i would like to try one day brewing Aventinus and erdinger one day down the track

Rock Vagus ah the memories,Worked for the Health Dept there for a few years. Shite Pubs, shite night life but the nurses were freindly.In fact I married one.Cool.Take your own beer and cowboy suit and you will fit right in. :rolleyes: Best thing in Rocky was the road out.
GB
And the 2nd best thing was the Mechanicall Bull Ride at the Great Western.
As long as you didn`t get full of piss and bad manners and get on it, that is :( :lol:

stagga.

Can't find The anchor Motel in Rocky, there is a Blue anchor Motel in Yeppoon in the Yellow pages and Google maps, which is too far.
Is it in Rocky ?

Edit: Found Anchor HOTEL Rockhampton, has to be.

Can't find The anchor Motel in Rocky, there is a Blue anchor Motel in Yeppoon in the Yellow pages and Google maps, which is too far.
Is it in Rocky ?

You'll have to let us now where it is if you find it Bindi. I travel to Rocky fairly regularly and often sit in my motel room drinking expensive beer from 1st Choice dreaming of my home brew. Every now and then I get optimistic a drop into odowds for a pint of very poor guiness or kilkenny, even the coopers pale at odowds didnt taste right it was way overcarbed. But there meals were reasonable.

Cheers Brad

Edit=I am slow. Let us know how ya go.

Is it in Rocky ?

Edit: Found Anchor HOTEL Rockhampton, has to be.

I'll be interested in this as well,I get stuck up there for a few weeks at a time and get rather thirsty.

Batz

yep thats the one Anchor hotel on bridge street. chuck a right once over the old bridge and its between a Golfing shop and a old stlye mechanics shop just up the road from the Victoria tavern.

yep thats the one Anchor hotel on bridge street. chuck a right once over the old bridge and its between a Golfing shop and a old stlye mechanics shop just up the road from the Victoria tavern.

Good to know as the wife has family there and the need for a beer when in Rocky is high. :icon_cheers:

well bindi its worth the effort of dropping in elliot Has a huge range of import beers and spirits (try glacer water if he has it its CRAZY ) i havent been for a while Lately But did enjoy myself while i was there.

Old thread but want to keep with in the title. Any up date on good places to drink in Rockhampton? It is looking like I will be staying there from next week to Christmas for a new job.
Thanks Jameson

Old thread but want to keep with in the title. Any up date on good places to drink in Rockhampton? It is looking like I will be staying there from next week to Christmas for a new job.
Thanks Jameson

I'll be up there next week for a few days Jim, we'll have to catch up for a beer or ten.

Cheers

there is a Dan Murphys in Allenstown on the south side...

probably the best bet for fresh "craft beer"

there is a Dan Murphys in Allenstown on the south side...

probably the best bet for fresh "craft beer"

If you want to check out the girls rocky has to offer check out Zodiac make sure you go to the "Extreme" side other side is just a plain nightclub,

The Keppel Bay Sailing Club in Yepoon is a nice place for a feed and they have the James Squire Beers on tap.

Cheers,

Nick

Rocky gets a bad rap, but you just got to know where to look... in this case about 25mins from the city. Sitting in the waterfront gardens looking out across the marina. Magic! ...and then there's the great selection of beers (great wine list as well)

Carlsberg, Asahi, Pilsner Urquell, Rogers, White Rabbit dark ale, Duke Pale Ale, Paulaner Hefe Weizen, Orval, Alhambra Reserva, Brewdog Punk IPA, Stone Pale Ale, Moo Brew Pale Ale, Yebisu-malt lager, Leffe Blond, La Trappe Blond, Samuel Smiths Organic Lager.

All these can be found at The Waterline Cafe ...at the Rosslyn Bay Marina, Yeppoon http://thewaterline.com.au/cafe_page.php ;)

I lived and worked in Central Qld a fair bit of my life. Lived in Rocky, Rock Vegas what ever you want to call it as well. There was a saying I was told once and it about sums the place up....................The Fitzroy River is the arsehole of Qld and Rocky is shoved fair up it. Nothing over the last 30 years of association with the place has swayed me from the thought that this was a more than adequate description. Yeppoon area and the beaches are a beautiful location with the ugliest beachside town in Australia...........Yeppoon...............It is full of yobs and people who retired there, paid too much and are now can't afford to leave. Anyway just my 2c.

Brad maybe a few quite ones it being my first week and that ;) Going to be working out at gracemere 12 hour days and 9 on Saturday so I was told. Will give you a shout when I know for Curtin.
Was told Rocky has a bit of a rap but shall be staying out of clubs and cowboy bars. That cafe looks like a hit for some Saturday afternoon thanks. But shall be chasing some good fish on my days off I here the barra are huge :)

Brad maybe a few quite ones it being my first week and that ;) Going to be working out at gracemere 12 hour days and 9 on Saturday so I was told. Will give you a shout when I know for Curtin.
Was told Rocky has a bit of a rap but shall be staying out of clubs and cowboy bars. That cafe looks like a hit for some Saturday afternoon thanks. But shall be chasing some good fish on my days off I here the barra are huge :)

The Barra season is closed so as long as your willing to throw the Barra back after a happy snap, your best bet is to go to awoonga dam (near gladstone) where there is no barra season. Although imho freshwater barra should not be for human consumption and is shit for eating so its a catch 22 situation.

I lived and worked in Central Qld a fair bit of my life. Lived in Rocky, Rock Vegas what ever you want to call it as well. There was a saying I was told once and it about sums the place up....................The Fitzroy River is the arsehole of Qld and Rocky is shoved fair up it. Nothing over the last 30 years of association with the place has swayed me from the thought that this was a more than adequate description. Yeppoon area and the beaches are a beautiful location with the ugliest beachside town in Australia...........Yeppoon...............It is full of yobs and people who retired there, paid too much and are now can't afford to leave. Anyway just my 2c.

THAT.... WAS.... POETIC..... seriously.... very well put. ;)

Hey guys, I live in Rocky,

If you've got any questions for places to go if you're stopping by I'll see if I can help out.

It's pretty much been summed up, there's not much choice especially on tap. The Ginger Mule - nearly opposite the Heritage Hotel usually tries to get some nicer beers.

Latest posts

Back