Rockhampton Drinking - Where To Go?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevnlis

Reaction score
Like the title says. Any good places to grab a beer in Rocky? I don't think there are any breweries there, so just a decent pub with good beers on tap or in bottles would be good!

The Heritage Hotel is about the pick of the pubs in Rocky for me,
http://www.theheritagehotel.com.au/
Or there is Odowd's Irish pub which is ok also, they normally have the standard Kilkenny and Guiness on tap.

It is Rocky afterall, cant expect too much :lol:

Hope this helps.

Any ideas on what beers I could expect to see at the Heritage? The website does not seem to have a list...

Standard beers mate... xxxx, new etc... just a mining/beef town, no fancy beers allowed apparently.
One of the bars here serves beez neez on tap, that's about all you'll get thats different from the standard fare...

It looks like I will be spending a night in Gladstone as well. Anything better there?

Nope. But closer to the water there..

Thats good Fixa, I would much rather drink sea water than XXXX or New! :p

I reckon you will get some great water views in Rocky over the next few days :D

I reckon you will get some great water views in Rocky over the next few days :D

The flood is expected to peak on Wednesday there. I am hoping it is no where near where I am working!

Any ideas on what beers I could expect to see at the Heritage? The website does not seem to have a list...

It was before Christmas when I was last in Rockhampton, but I seem to recall they had Becks on tap and maybe one or two of the James Squires beers on tap also, if you want to make sure just give them a ring I am sure they could tell you more.

Like the title says. Any good places to grab a beer in Rocky? I don't think there are any breweries there, so just a decent pub with good beers on tap or in bottles would be good!

It looks like I will be spending a night in Gladstone as well. Anything better there?

Heritage is worth a look, I'd be giving Odowds the swerve though.

Port Curtis Hotel in Gladstone is worth a look :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers
Yard

The Criterion is a great old pub linkster ... and yeah, great views of the mighty Fitzroy in flood from the verandah.

others worth a look are ...

Allenstown Hotel

The Caves Country Pub (no website)

Brunswick Hotel ...map only

Great Western Hotel ...hats and RM's pub

Not really any geared to the boutique beer market. The Coffee House cafe/motel/restuarant here has a nice wine selection, and last time I was there had a few interesting international beers ....

and also, The "Ginger Mule" bar has only just opened not far from the Heritage ...haven't been yet, but it looks like it's aiming at a more sophisticated punter so it could be worth a look.

Thanks guys, I stayed in tonight with a sixer of CPA. Will have a look around tomorrow night though ;)

Tomorrow night? There really isn't much to do in Rocky except hit the pubs while the light is still bright.

Old post I know but I will be in Rocky for week [driving up in an hours time], :( not looking so flash beer wise.
Did a search here just in case real beer can be found there. :blink:

Old post I know but I will be in Rocky for week [driving up in an hours time], :( not looking so flash beer wise.
Did a search here just in case real beer can be found there. :blink:

Bottle some of yours might be the go Bindi, drive out to Roslyn bay to enjoy them (might have to bottle some wine for Maree too) :lol:

The pubs there were shocking! I ended hitting the Irish Pub down near the train station and they have a $5 steak which is nice. The Guinness however was horrible!!! :icon_vomit:

There is a 1st Choice in the city which has quite a decent selection of imports and micros. That is probably your best bet for a decent drop ;)

The pubs there were shocking! I ended hitting the Irish Pub down near the train station and they have a $5 steak which is nice. The Guinness however was horrible!!! :icon_vomit:

There is a 1st Choice in the city which has quite a decent selection of imports and micros. That is probably your best bet for a decent drop ;)

Thanks for the advice guys, First choice it will be in the morning, bought a case of Coopers pale [$40 here] it was the only beer at the pub around the corner from where I am staying that looked half decent, zip on tap to drink, just the usual mega swill.
It's going down well after the drive [broke a windscreen 40k's out :( ] sh$t roads around here. :angry:

Thanks for the advice guys, First choice it will be in the morning, bought a case of Coopers pale [$40 here] it was the only beer at the pub around the corner from where I am staying that looked half decent, zip on tap to drink, just the usual mega swill.
It's going down well after the drive [broke a windscreen 40k's out :( ] sh$t roads around here. :angry:

Bugger I can't remember Bob,I was working there last year for several weeks.
There was a pub down towards the port,it had your usual Guinness,Kilkenny and others,must have been the Irish thingy as a Guinness pie comes to mind..Seemed ok after 12 hour shifts and only every 14th day off....no wonder I can't remember.

Batz

Latest posts

Back