Roach's Brewstand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roach

brasserie de cancrelat
Reaction score
Well after 3 years of AG brewing I finally got my s**t together and built a brewstand. Stole the plans from AndrewQLD and Doglet and many thanks to them and also Justin for his sage advice.

Still need to attach the water filter, cover the march pump, and do the virgin brew on the weekend to test the plumbing etc, but here it is.

blingstand.jpg

Nice work.....shiny checkerplate.....mmmmmm...... :D

Nice stuff Roach. Nice bling stand with all that checkerplate. Certainly looks the goods mate. Have you brewed on it yet?

God damn... bloody fantastic :beerbang:

Looks the goods Roach...

Very nice..
Only thing is i would look at cutting the the left and centre urights down level with the shelf..

Must be all the OH&S training i do - just looks dangerous.

Can I have it when you are finished with it ;)

Light years ahead of my table, milk crate and ladder contraption.

Green with envy.

Very nice Roach. Can I borrow it before you use it? :)

That is one SEXY beast Roach, I'm Jealous :p , years of trouble free brewing on that for sure.

Cheers
Andrew

Sure beats resting my HLT on a flower pot with 2 pavers and an old BBQ plate.

Nice work :beerbang:

Cheers.

wee stu said:
Can I have it when you are finished with it ;)
[post="112024"][/post]​

SteveSA said:
Very nice Roach. Can I borrow it before you use it? :)
[post="112026"][/post]​

I'll do you a deal Steve. When roach has finished with it, you can borrow it before I use it, OK?

Would you like malt with that :blink: ?

Roach (and other real brewers;))

Isn't that March pump upside down?

Great work mate. That looks very swish-especially with the checker plate, plus you've got a few shelves for storage etc and pretty much a work bench beside your vessels for containers of hops, hydrometer ans sample jar.

;) Guessing you just plumbed it up for the photo unless you have some secret brewing practices that involve pulling wort through the CFC into the HLT :p

Are you going to cut holes in the checker plate to mount burners in?

Cheers, Justin

Thanks for the comments. the checkerplate really sets it off. the alternative was to seal the mdf shelving that came with the bench unit. The sealant cost almost as much as the checkerplate - so no brainer and more effective solution.

Justin and SteveSA - yes just rigged up the plumbing for the photo to illustrate the plug n play(ie it is the wrong way around). so no new techniques there. Nice to see someone is watching carefully.

GMK - may cut uprights down to match bench height. Will do so after a few test brews. Once I am happy with the height will cut it down. Alternatively Ill put some sort of OH&S compliant padding on the edges.

Wee Stu - been using the old milk crate, broken resin table, old bedside table set up till now. worked well enough, but now its time to dispatch it to old brewstand heaven.

Aaron - brewing on it this weekend if not too hot.

Justin said:
Are you going to cut holes in the checker plate to mount burners in?

Cheers, Justin
[post="112034"][/post]​
Justin,
I am all electric, and so no need at this stage, unless(until?) I upgrade to double batch brewing.

cheers
roach

Roach, that's a work of art :super:

You'll have trouble wiping the smile off your face, even when you've got your first stuck sparge - beautiful work :beer:

Ross...

use milk creates that is the technology im missing, thanks. off to the local supermarket

That is some serious bling.

Brewday at roach's, I say. You don't even have to brew, we can just sit around and look at that stand.

jagerbrau said:
use milk creates that is the technology im missing, thanks. off to the local supermarket
[post="112047"][/post]​

I'm sure I got the idea of roach ;) , don't blame me when your OH&S nightmares come true :ph34r:

I only brew like that because I am stooopid :blink: , and power tool challenged, and very parsimonious.

wee stu said:
very parsimonious.
[post="112052"][/post]​
I find that hard to believe coming from someone who buys everything that comes up for sale on ahb just so he can lend it to others. Almost the opposite would be true.

Back