Riverside 777 clone. Anyone have a recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acarey

Reaction score
This is a great beer. Topic title says it all really.

Does anyone have a decent clone recipe?

Agreed amazing beer!

I BIAB and no chill though, so not sure a decent 9% IIPA is possible for me.

Topher said:
Agreed amazing beer!

Sure you can. Just adjust the hop additions by 15 or 20 minutes and throw the cube into a could bath. Works a treat.

It is delicious though it has been a little while. One time when I was there, they had mentioned how big Simcoe was to for them and their beers. Not much else to help but you could always just go by and ask. If you get the recipe for 44 then please message me straight away!

I asked them for some tips on brewing a beer like their 55 pale and never heard back so haven't bothered with this one.

Topher said:
Agreed amazing beer!

With malt extract additions, anything is possible.

I find most craft brewers are happy to help you out with info on brewing a beer in a similar styLe. Sure it wont be exactly the same but they are often just as passionate as us and started out as home brewers themselves. Its always worth a shot

Hey OP, any luck?

I tried Akasha's (riversides ex head brewer) freshwater pale last week, and it was very very nice.

The last time I had 777 I got heaps of sweet marmalade or apricot jam vibes. The Akasha pale had a similar jammy flavour.

Think I might brew a big huge IPA next week to use the yeast cake of a session pale I have brewing.
Anyone have a good double IPA grain bill they have used?

Topher said:
Hey OP, any luck?

I tried Akasha's (riversides ex head brewer) freshwater pale last week, and it was very very nice.

The last time I had 777 I got heaps of sweet marmalade or apricot jam vibes. The Akasha pale had a similar jammy flavour.

Think I might brew a big huge IPA next week to use the yeast cake of a session pale I have brewing.
Anyone have a good double IPA grain bill they have used?
No luck yet. Possibly due to the fact that I haven't done anything yet :D

I'll shoot of an email on the weekend and report back with any responses.

acarey said:
No luck yet. Possibly due to the fact that I haven't done anything yet :D

I'll shoot of an email on the weekend and report back with any responses.
Any joy?- I was blown away by their 44 the other day and would love to have a crack at cloning it. Ratebeer.com says :"packed with roast and crystal malts, balanced with a smack of American Cascade and Centennial hops."

Inconceivable said:
Any joy?- I was blown away by their 44 the other day and would love to have a crack at cloning it. Ratebeer.com says :"packed with roast and crystal malts, balanced with a smack of American Cascade and Centennial hops."

No reply unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back