Richmond Tiger Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st.sloth

Reaction score
Hey crew,

12 old beer bottles were found during construction of the new Stzrelecki trial, with 'property of richmond' moulded in 3D text along the bottom and a tiger/puma face moulded in the glass mid-way up the bottle. It seems a pretty safe bet that these were Richmond Tiger Beers. A few theories are going around as to how they got there, but would love to get a big of background on the beer itself. How popular it was, what era it was likely from, etc.

Anyone recommend any go-to beer historians for info?

Cheers, Louis

I think this brewery was one of the breweries purchased at one point by CUB. Could be wrong but I think CUB maintain the rights tothe label etc and possibly even released a limited batch a few years back. If I am remembering correctly, it wasn't anything to get too excited about beer-wise.

Very brief mention here4: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton_%26_United_Breweries

Cheers SJ

Shows promise early, but this fades by 1/2 way through, and in the end just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth... :eek:

Back