Rhizome Needed/goddam Wife

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floppinab

Reaction score
I'm just going out to do some weeding she says............. you can guess the rest

NOT HAPPY, It's MY part of the garden, she knows damn well not to go in there, but do you think she remembers noooooooo. "It looked like a weed". It was a brand newie, supplied by my good mate barls and was had sprouted within a few days of putting it in the ground. What's worse it's gone into a full wheelie bin, zero chance of finding it let alone getting it back into the ground.

SO, along with several other..................... challenges this weekend, I'm now in the market for a new rhizome. I know it's late in the day but if someone can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

I'm just going out to do some weeding she says............. you can guess the rest

NOT HAPPY, It's MY part of the garden, she knows damn well not to go in there, but do you think she remembers noooooooo. "It looked like a weed". It was a brand newie, supplied by my good mate barls and was had sprouted within a few days of putting it in the ground. What's worse it's gone into a full wheelie bin, zero chance of finding it let alone getting it back into the ground.

SO, along with several other..................... challenges this weekend, I'm now in the market for a new rhizome. I know it's late in the day but if someone can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.
I have some $10 rhizomes plus freight coming up in the next couple of days. Keep an eye out.

I just received two (actually three - one extra goldings included due to size)) from that ebay thread that was up recently - very healthy looking, planted today. I think you're supposed to buy 4 for $48 but I split 2 and 2 with another brewer so 2 for 28 (I think that included postage). Well packaged, prompt delivery and detailed instructions on planting and care. I'll see if I can rustle up the thread - he had a good number of varieties too.

I'm no expert but I do feel there would be a strong case there for divorce :eek: . At the very least crack out the chainsaw and divide everything by half and see how she likes it? :lol:

Do her plants look like weeds to you????

snaps9607_divorce_gallery__470x312.jpg

Next time floppin, a couple of garden stakes and some chicken wire around it should see you right.

Works down south for us trying to keep possums and other 'pests' off our 'zomes!!! :D

Would be gutted if SWMBO did the same. Bugger of a thing, will keep an eye out - Boston's $10 rhizome thread has come up now.
Good luck and hope you get a good replacement. Still a good time to plant, so you should be right.

Hopper.

Edit - Speeling!

Thanks for the replies guys. I do believe I've had the worst weekend..... ever.

Here's what happened.

Started Friday, motorbike won't start, struggling to kick over a bit of oily petrol on the ground, oil has gone jet black. Rip it apart, air filter full of petrol, pull the carbs off, in the process of pulling the carbs apart for a clean manage to break a coolant barb.

Satdy morning, go to the dealer, no parts in country 6 week wait. Looks like no ride for a while. SSSHHH*****T

Downstairs dunny springs a leak, water all over the floor, needs a new rubber coupler, off the hardware we go.

Outside floodlight blows, got 8 14 year olds coming over for my oldest birthday, outside lighting very necessary, off to the hardware we go.

Kids trash the place, little f***ers have no respect.

Computer downstairs LAN port stops working, MAC address showing all zeroes, probably a BIOS problem, still haven't got to the bottom of that.

Aforementioned episode with the wife and rhizome.

Finally on Sunday night, go to hook back up the discos in my kegs in the freezer (took 'em off on Satdy night coz I didn't trust the kids any where near the bar), one of the keg poppets hasn't sealed and the kegs are swimming in 5cm of Old Ale at the bottom of the freezer.

FFF***********KKK.

Boston also has a thread up right now for Rhizomes too.

Sounds like a weekend where everything that could go wrong did go wrong!

Kegs swimming in lost beer is not good at all!

I feel your pain - I have a housemate who's ripped out some of my herbs thinking they were weeds! my pots are now off limits to him

After I finish the Great Chinese Hop Buy, I should sort things out to get ultra cheap rhizomes to everyone.

I tried to grow to hops in the tropics. Dead easy to grow actually, and even better they dont ever die off, they just keep growing all year round. (disadvantage is they never flower).

BUT I propogated them with just tip shoots. Cut the tops off growing shoots, stick then in a pot, and a month later they are off.

What I might do later in the season is just ask for some tip shoots to be sent to me, (all different varieties) and grow them on mass so you buggers dont have to pay the big prices for what is basically a weed.

Craftbrewer

Back