Remove The Lining From The Bottom Half Of Fridge Door?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starkesbier

Reaction score
Hey, I am wanting to remove the lining from the bottom half of my fridge door to create more space for kegs in my fridge. I also want to leave the top half with shelves for holding bottles in place. Has anyone done this? and if so do they have any advice on whether this is a good idea or not? My main concern being that the bottom half of the lining is providing support for the top half and that once I remove that support the shelves will come down.

I intend to replace the lining with some foam that i have on hand that won't take up as much space.

All and any advice most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Starkesbier

Hi there,

I have a 140L fridge that I removed the door lining from. Pretty simple to do by removing the screws which in my case were under the seal. I then replaced it with a sheet of plastic or perspex or similar. In your case I don't think you'll have any problems by cutting the bottom half off as the door lining is pretty rigied (or was in my case). You won't need to use a sheet of foam as you'll find the door is filled with it. YMMV.

sap.

Removing the door shelves from some of my fridges has resulted in the door getting rather floppy, however this doesn't seem to be a problem - the magnet seal squares it up with the fridge itself nicely.

My lazy way of doing the job was to simply run around the outer edge of the plastic with a 1mm angle grinder disc - rough but it works fast.

Oh, and watch out for any electrical wiring for lights or butter warmers, these can have 240V on them.

Removing the door shelves from some of my fridges has resulted in the door getting rather floppy, however this doesn't seem to be a problem - the magnet seal squares it up with the fridge itself nicely.

My lazy way of doing the job was to simply run around the outer edge of the plastic with a 1mm angle grinder disc - rough but it works fast.

Oh, and watch out for any electrical wiring for lights or butter warmers, these can have 240V on them.

I'm assuming you unplugged the fridge first before ripping into it with the angle grinder?

Thanks for the advice guys. Sounds like a go but just be careful.

Cheers
Starkesbier

Latest posts

Back