Reducing Break Material

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone stock this product in AU yet? I had no luck with a google search :angry:

MHB was using it in the braumeister in the shop last week. I assume its for sale. Pretty amazing to see how fast it clumps the break together, I'll be buying it for my next brew. B)

re: wirlpool, i didnt get a cone at all, i mean not even remotly close, just a heap of crap towards the bottom, ratio of crud:wort getting thicker as i get closer to bottom
Did you wait 10 or so minutes before doing the whirlpool? I used to have the same issue when I was getting the whirlpool going as soon as I turned off the heat. Wait a bit for it to cool a little (you'll notice the convection settles down after the first 5-10 minutes) and it should work better.

I find convection is still happening after 30-40 mins, 25L of boiling wort has a lot of thermal mass. When nochilling though, I don't worry about letting it sit an extended amount of time

I find convection is still happening after 30-40 mins, 25L of boiling wort has a lot of thermal mass. When nochilling though, I don't worry about letting it sit an extended amount of time

They slow down a lot in 20-30 minutes. Definitely enough to get a decent effective whirlpool happening in my experience.

I just finished making this to sit in the bottom of my crown urn kettle. In the past I've used the same kind of thing, but I'm hoping that by draining from the outside perimeter I won't disturb the trub cone.

bLZz9.jpg

Testing it this weekend.

Just done my first BIAB, all went well for first attempt. had same problem with crud, had filter on drain but blocked after about 1 litre found screen material to fine will increase screen media next brew. :beer:

14112010_002_.jpg

Back