Red Shield Appeal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Have you donated yet? The Salvos are the only religious mob I give money to. For all their faults and their checkered history at least they roll their sleeves up and get out there, and aren't obsessed with building huge steel and glass palaces full of w&nkers and dropkicks like the HillDung mob. (more clapped out Magnas than a Motor Finance Wizard car lot while the pastors drive around in Mercs).

While I have a job and a few spare bucks I always give what I can spare once a year. And it's a tax deduction. :)

Edit: and it's good to see that this year the collectors seem to include a lot of high school kids and gen Y looking young people which is fantastic.

Too right, I'm usually agin' any religious mobs as a rule, but the Salvo's Red Shield is one of the few that do get my support. Don't forget to ask for a receipt and dodge a few clams of tax while doing the right thing. Could be enough to turn that bracket creep around, I think a charitable donation came up trumps like that for me one year.

They haven't popped by us here yet, but I'm kicking in some dough anyway. :icon_cheers:

I usually do, but the buggers didnt turn up on the weekend!

I usually do, but the buggers didnt turn up on the weekend!

Yup they used to come round the pubs as well selling 'War Cry' but I haven't seen that for yonks. Maybe they do paypal nowadays :p

I see that Warcry has gone glossy mag format, wow. And yes they now do secure online donations. Looks like they are well up with the 21st Century.

Back