Red Back

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one in the fermentorator at the moment mate.

2 x Tins Coopers wheat extract
25gr Pride of ringwood @ 60min
10gr Pride of ringwood @ 10Min
5gr Saaz @ flame out

WB-06 yeast

I unfortunatly have no idea whats it's like yet, im waiting for it to finish the last of its ferment and then will cold condition for a week then bottle

one suggestion i would make is if you use the WB-06, to ferment it on the lower side of things...maybe 16-18 deg, that way you get the clove notes and not a huge amount of banana which mine seems to have developed.Mine started and ran the first few days around 20-22.

I might also add that im very new to this brewing game, so please if anyone see's any errors in what im suggesting, jump in and correct me.

Got one in the fermentorator at the moment mate.

2 x Tins Coopers wheat extract
25gr Pride of ringwood @ 60min
10gr Pride of ringwood @ 10Min
5gr Saaz @ flame out

WB-06 yeast

I unfortunatly have no idea whats it's like yet, im waiting for it to finish the last of its ferment and then will cold condition for a week then bottle

one suggestion i would make is if you use the WB-06, to ferment it on the lower side of things...maybe 16-18 deg, that way you get the clove notes and not a huge amount of banana which mine seems to have developed.Mine started and ran the first few days around 20-22.

I might also add that im very new to this brewing game, so please if anyone see's any errors in what im suggesting, jump in and correct me.

Thanks for the receipe I will try it how much water did you use for the boil
cheers bob

It was 10lt with 1.3kg of malt for 1040

It finished as of today at 1012 and i tryed a bit......seem quite hoppy maybe next time ill wind back the 25gr to 18 or 20....cant wait to have a crack at it

Back