Record attempt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pomsaleius

Reaction score
Briefly got to go to the Thunder Road Better Community Day today. I spoke to Phil, who was keen to hand me a flyer, which will be disseminated more publicly at some point. But he very definitely wants to get the Merri Mashers involved. It reads..

WANTED: WORLD RECORD MAKERS!

"THE MOST PEOPLE EVER TO BREW A BEER!"

We want your help to create a world record, for a good cause!

We are hoping to raise $10,000 in donations for the Australian Cancer Research Foundation, and we need your help!

Join us at the next Brunswick Better Community Day 3 and be a part of history! No previous brewing experience required, only enthusiasm!

WHEN: Saturday 4th of May 2014

WHERE: Thunder Road Brewery, 130 Barkly St, Brunswick

ARE YOU INTERESTED? SIGN UP NOW:
To register, simply email your name and contact details to:
[email protected]

So there you have it. I have no idea how they intend to pull this off, but Phil said more details would be forthcoming to those who sign up. He said that even the recipe will be to some extent crowd sourced (or is it flash-mobbed?). Not sure what it will be (Given it's a record attempt, Irish stout is the obvious thing that comes to mind).
So, start emailing that address if you're interested.

If it is May 3 then I am in, if it is May 4 then I am ... not in. Cool idea though, why not?

As per TRB website it is Sunday the 4th of May

Latest posts

Back