Flat Rock Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PacNorWest

Reaction score
Hey guys,

my name is topher and I have recently taken over the brewing role at Flat Rock in Naremburn. As well as focusing in on our production there and attempting to get our nanobrewery producing the best beer we can, I am also really excited and passionate about sharing our system and resources with the homebrewing community. I have long been a lurker on the AHB forums throughout my learning process, but have only recently learned my shortfalls in not getting involved with a club due to a number of reasons. For this reason, Karl (our owner) and I have decided to use the Cafe as a location and sort of host for a new homebrew club in Sydney.

We do not have any set agendas or schedules, but we do have some ideas and are having our first meeting in May to hear what yall want to make of it. Things that pop into mind are brewshares, pro brewer talks, competitions to brew your recipe on our system, ANHC club night planning, you name it. Ive attached a little flyer for some more info.

We are going through some big changes at the cafe and really shifting our focus to the brewpub that we are and I am very keen to have everyone here involved. I am happy to answer any questions either here on the forum or email (topher at flatrockbrewcafe.com.au)

prost

brew_club.jpg

Hi Topher

I met yourself as well as Karl when visiting Flat Rock. Good to hear you are getting this set up, you were talking about this when I was in. I'll come along on the 7th and may drop in before then.

One question I have that I'm sure others are wondering about is what is actually happening on the 7th. Is it a just a meeting of brewers, a brewshare or ??

thanks for the response black_labb, i remember meeting you and Im so sorry that ive been a little late at the reply.

So, the meeting on the 7th is at is base a feeler for what yall want from the club. We will most likely have a formal 30-45 min presentation about what we see for the future but the rest will be a conversation about ideas. I am pretty excited about this and have a bunch of ideas as Im sure y'all do too.

I will be making a facebook event here in the next week or so which should help explain a bit more as well.

However, we would love to taste some of your beers so bring them along.

FYI, there will absolutely be NO membership fees or any obligation from anyone to purchase anything while you are here, this is a brewing club not a money generator for us.

Anyone else planning on making it on Wednesday?

Yeah, maybe me. Mrs ******* is at TAFE that night, so if I can get home in time to jump on a bus, I might rock up and see what it's all about.

Last night was a good night. There were 22 people from memory which was more than I expected after seeing how many people responded here. Aside from an enjoyable night centered on beer and brewing a club has been formed that meets on the second Wednesday of every month at Flat Rock.

Thanks to Karl and Topher for getting this organised and I'm looking forward to next meeting.

Mid week puts me right out unless I drive, which defeats the purpose of a brewing club. Over an hour by 2 busses for me, but a 20 minute drive. Wish it were otherwise...

I'm going to necro this thread, rather than start a new one...

Five years on and the club is still going - we meet on second Wednesday of every month, from around 6:30pm. There is a simple web page with details so that people can find us: https://flatrockbrew.club/

It's good fun, anyone is welcome to drop in - there's no charge, just pay for your own food and drinks. Next meeting is Wed, 12 June 2019. If you have brewed something and want feedback, bring a bottle or two to share.

Latest posts

Back