Recommend taps and regulator for kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up on the Intertaps, they're forward sealing, reports of quality seems to be fine and they meet the budget. I'd love the Andale but at $100+ for each tap and I need four plus shanks it's going to push the build budget too far. I'll keep a look out for some good second hand ones but I think the Intertap may be the way to go.

Well, I'm sitting at the bus stop after visiting the Andale store. Top place and excellent gear.

But two main take-aways:

1: floryte taps are not good and hardly sold anymore.

2: brumby tap is built like a tank, is made of three main parts and can be serviced in minutes.

And the internal shape of sealing face is smooth. A few shots with the sanitiser bottle and she is clean.

A couple of the main arguments I've explored lately have been dissolved today.

Floryte....AKA....FloWrong.

Andale gear is top quality stuff. The feel of it is substantial. You would only buy this stuff once!

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Well, I'm sitting at the bus stop after visiting the Andale store. Top place and excellent gear.

But two main take-aways:

1: floryte taps are not good and hardly sold anymore.

2: brumby tap is built like a tank, is made of three main parts and can be serviced in minutes.

And the internal shape of sealing face is smooth. A few shots with the sanitiser bottle and she is clean.

A couple of the main arguments I've explored lately have been dissolved today.

Floryte....AKA....FloWrong.

Andale gear is top quality stuff. The feel of it is substantial. You would only buy this stuff once!

I just got hold of some 2nd hand floryte taps and seem to work fine. can you explain what Andale told you ? cheers.

fishingbrad said:
I just got hold of some 2nd hand floryte taps and seem to work fine. can you explain what Andale told you ? cheers.
Keep in mind the context is commercial beer dispensing.

The market has moved away from the Floryte and the main reason seemed to be maintenance complexity (number of parts) and general problems with pouring - which I gather are linked matters.

I get the impression that in the commercial domain, the Florytes are no longer preferred due to the above.

Your taps, I'm sure, will be fine and always be fine - As with Yob and the others here. I think this is because they are in loving hands with people who care about their maintenance and have attention to detail.

But when the Floryte is being maintained by a $24/hour student because they were told to, then a maintenance complex tap quickly causes issues.

Hence the name FloWrong because seal 23-B-Alpha was misplaced.

It was an excellent experience seeing the store and getting a feel for the commercial domain where beer is a revenue pathway, compared to my home where beer is my main craft.

Hope that helps,........, don't go racing for refunds or anything. My info was not to stir up controversy.

Edit: My writing style on my phone is shorter because...well...tiny phones. I'm at my computer now. Happy to elaborate if you like.

I have used floryte in commercial bars, now most would assume the bar people would get best usage out of them however when it's 3 wide and 5 deep at the bar, the taps cop a bit of abuse. The handle get leant on and pushed closed too hard. In a HB setting the person pouring is usually the brewer/owner and they are a little gentler on the equipment. One of the taps at the bar I worked on a friday night would pour 300L one tap! That was VB the bank was 8 kegs it was replenished half was through the night with another 4-6 kegs. We serviced taps as required but that was around monthly. So thousands of litres poured between service.

Latest posts

Back