Recipe Ideas Need Help.......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbrew

Reaction score
have done 3 brews over the last month, all have been coopers draught, and had the first taste today, and superb :icon_drunk: :icon_drunk: :icon_drunk: but i would like to brew other things, any ideas for a recipe that would be similar to tooheys extra dry, or a VB i have heard the tooheys k&K are of a crap standard any ideas or tips appreciated, s

shaun

if you are trying to make a true clone you will fail. there are to many things that we cannot do as home brewers. A few things are big batches ferment and age differently so they will taste different, The yeast they use is unknown so without that its hard, they use iso hops not proper hops so really you can make beers kinda like them but they will not taste anything like them.

most Aussie beers use pride of ringwood (POR) hops. So start with a kit like a euro lager (it has real lager yeast) and prob do 50% LDME and 50% dex and dry hop with say 20g of POR or boil the 500g of malt with 5lts of water and add in the last 5 mins.

mate stay away from the tooheys kits, just poured 2 cartons down the drain(draught), absolute shit,

as kelby says gibe a euro lager a try, bottled a batch last weekend, 100g Caramunich 100g Carapils, 13 gm Hallertau...all steeped in 2 litres 65c water.
dry hopped with 12gm super alpha and Ikg Brew Enhancer 1 + 250gm LDM. Taste is pretty awesome.

mate stay away from the tooheys kits, just poured 2 cartons down the drain(draught), absolute shit,

I concur. I also just did a Tooheys Special Lager and it also saw the bottom of the drain :icon_vomit:

A great simple recipe, although not like VB or TEDS (thankfully).

Coopers English Bitter
600g LDME
200g Dex
30g Styrian Goldings dry hop
Ferment with wyeast 1968, although I have used the kit yeast (3 packs) with good results also, but 1968 is a briliiant yeast for this kit IMO

Much tastier than Tooheys :chug:

thanks fellas. penywise ill definatly have to try that one once i get meself dome yeast and hops... bit hard without a license cheers shaun

If you have no car license just order it from AHB sponsors, ingredients straight to your door!

Latest posts

Back