Recipe Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time01

Reaction score
I have the following spare and was hoping to make a decent beer out of it.

safale S-04 yeast, and the following hop pellets, galaxy, cascade, amarillo, hersbrucker.

any suggestions? happy to steep grains etc.

I have the following spare and was hoping to make a decent beer out of it.

safale S-04 yeast, and the following hop pellets, galaxy, cascade, amarillo, hersbrucker.

any suggestions? happy to steep grains etc.

BIAB - a nice APA, 97% of an ale malt, 3% caramunich I (or crystal YMMV).

On the stovetop - you won't realise how easy it really is.

It'd be a shame to have all those (I'm jealous) hops and not smack out a hop bomb of some sort.

Goomba

are you able to provide a hop schedule and a bit more detail please?

apologies still relatively new to brewing.

should i dry hop as well?

Would differ to what you want and the AA% of the hops, pick which of the hops do you like best and then have a gander over here to play around with IBU's and hop schedule's. I think all of those hops offer good flavours so which ever way you go is ought to be a nice hopped beer ;) I always dry hop because i love that aroma/flavour but its up to you.

10g of Galaxy at 30m.

Then 10g Galaxy, 20g Amarillo, 20g Cascade at 10 minutes.

Then dry hop the hell out of it with Hersbrucker.

Make sure you have a malt backbone, because you're going to need it to counter the 50IBU from the hops in this baby.

i like the sound of that hop schedule lord!

at the risk of sounding lazy (just inexperienced without a recipe), what would you suggest for the rest of it in terms of quantity and ingredient?

im assuming ferment at 18 degrees?

many thanks for your help.

i like the sound of that hop schedule lord!

at the risk of sounding lazy (just inexperienced without a recipe), what would you suggest for the rest of it in terms of quantity and ingredient?

im assuming ferment at 18 degrees?

many thanks for your help.

Goomba is fine. I'm one of the peeps. :lol:

Onto serious things.

My base malt is Baird's Perle Malt. It's cheap, has a great malt backbone and is ideal for single infusion mashing.

Easiest answer, is look at my signature - there is a recipe for Lord Nelson Citra Sauvin Ale. Replace Nelson Sauvin with Galaxy, Citra with Amarillo and add in the Cascade as discussed.

US-05 at 15 degrees. It'll preserve the hop character.

Goomba

This is the best pale ale I've made, and probably I can't find a pale ale (not an AIPA) that really eclipses it.

Get hold of brew mate. That'll give you the ability to put recipes in there, get an idea of IBU/grav and BU:GU ratios and how it all works.

Goomba

Back