Real Ale (hand Pumped) On Tap In Perth!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyrob

Halfluck Brewing
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

i have heard from a guy that works @ mash brewery that they are producing a real english ale
for clancys fish pub and it is going to be served via a english style hand pump. i went there
the other day to check it out and the guy said it was getting installed this month and they
should be pumping once the staff have had training on how to use it. is there anywhere else
in perth i can get hand pumped real ale?

Rob.

The Sail & Anchor in Freo have a couple of beer engines, one dispensing an ESB, at the correct temperature, the other was used for IPA but is no longer being brewed.
But I doubt if they are real ales as per the CAMRA definition.

The only other beer I've seen on the engine at S&A (other than the ESB and IPA (new recipe and the previous one)) was 2005's winter warmer, all of which shone ever so brightly! Though finding the right bar tender who didn't seem disgruntled/annoyed with the engine/that I had asked for it this way was quite a task.

For anyone in Melbourne, I enjoyed a few pints of Matilda Bay's Stickler's Best on handpump at Transport in Fed Square a few weeks back.

Good on Mash, I've been hearing some wonderful things about them, other than the beer they let Paddington's Ale House brew there... (it was a super dry lager lole).

The Queens had Matilda Bays Sticklers on Hand pump if I remember correctly!

Latest posts

Back