RAPT Pill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have not lodge your suggestion on the git hub page, found on the rapt FB group, at least then others can indicate interest and maybe it will be implemented.

Appreciated Mysticbrewer, would you mind sharing the link here as I am not on FB?

Thanks

if you have not lodge your suggestion on the git hub page, found on the rapt FB group, at least then others can indicate interest and maybe it will be implemented.
You already can. Press the Start Profile button (The one that looks like a triangle) this resets the graph for that session. At the end of fermentation. Press the stop button.

You already can. Press the Start Profile button (The one that looks like a triangle) this resets the graph for that session. At the end of fermentation. Press the stop button.

Hi Vic, I noticed they added this feature after my request (not claiming responsibility for it ;) )

The other requests were the ability to:
- set the starting telemetry (temp, gravity... etc)
- change the telemetry during the fermentation
- change the Pill telemetry sample time from the default 60 minutes
- provide a hardware or software switch to turn the Pill off
- Provide the name of the batch, current telemetry when the brew panel is collapsed (in the portal)

Hi Vic, I noticed they added this feature after my request (not claiming responsibility for it ;) )

The other requests were the ability to:
- set the starting telemetry (temp, gravity... etc)
- change the telemetry during the fermentation
- change the Pill telemetry sample time from the default 60 minutes
- provide a hardware or software switch to turn the Pill off
- Provide the name of the batch, current telemetry when the brew panel is collapsed (in the portal)

Thanks for this. some of these changes are in the pipeline. We have started to manage feature requests here:

Default · Boards · Rapt.Io / Rapt.Io

If you have any further feature requests please post them to this GitLab board and they will be considered accordingly.

As we have quite a lot of new features being added I would just make sure to check for firmware updates regularly so you can take advantage of these updates.

Not seeing the signal strength and battery level am I missing something?

Can you please confirm you are on the latest firmware. Also can you send us a screen shot of what you can see.

Can you please confirm you are on the latest firmware. Also can you send us a screen shot of what you can see.
1650366116582.png

Holy Moses this thing is a mongrel to custom calibrate. Loading in a polynomial equation gives numbers that are reversed.
I have 12 gravity readings from 1000 to 1096 with angles from about 29.6 to 70 something. The polynomial curve ever so slightly s-shaped.

Yet water reads 1.072...
And if I change the polynomial to a different degree I end up with -3.71 or something.
It's just infuriating.
I have a list of gravities and angles. It shouldn't be this hard.

Why can't KL stick something on app.rapt.io so that you can paste your values into an automatic calculator or something, and have it spit out an equation?

Last edited:
Ordered one of these as ill take a punt on the early release as I typically use refractometers anyway, going to be getting a Milwaukee Refract soon as well so will just use this as a guide.

Already have thermowells in all my vessels for temp readings.

Just mainly wanting to make sure that the brews are finished, had one brew that I thought was done but had just stalled recently so making sure I take more care on some of my recipe dev brews

Should the calibration be done at any specific temp? Did tap water orginally for my 1.000 reading and then a 1.050 sugar water solution that was alot warmer.

I reduced the sample dkwn to 1.025 and the pill was out reading 1.018

Adjusted my 1.000 reading to be done at same temp as thre 1.025 sample. May need to look at the custim calibration range option's

I’ve found there is a bit of a lag in the Kegland Pills reading correct temperature I’ve always done calibration where the water is at room temp (same temp as the pill itself).

So far getting better gravity seatings than the Tilt off a simple calibration (tap water) being patient to get a stable reading.

Can't get new validation code for re registration, probably because I deleted my account. Also no telemetry was sent, I thought deleting account and starting again would help. When rapt cloud is closed, every next time when trying to connect I get error 500. In user manual there is a mention of clear registration button, I don't have that option in pill portal under registration. Is there any other option to get new validation code?

Can't get new validation code for re registration, probably because I deleted my account. Also no telemetry was sent, I thought deleting account and starting again would help. When rapt cloud is closed, every next time when trying to connect I get error 500. In user manual there is a mention of clear registration button, I don't have that option in pill portal under registration. Is there any other option to get new validation code?

Can you please give write down your pill MAC address and then give us a call and we will sort this out over the phone for you. Ideally if you are within wifi range and the pill is fully charged when we start this process that would be preferable.

An update, everything is working now, just was a bad moment for first setup, yesterday there was some problem with database.

An update, everything is working now, just was a bad moment for first setup, yesterday there was some problem with database.

Yes sorry about that outage yesterday. This will hopefully not happen again in future.

Let us know if you have any other issues.

After reading about problems with the Pill, not only on here but other sites I have opted for the German made Bluetooth & WiFi floating hydrometer. So easy to set up too only $100.
https://hydrom.io/

Latest posts

Back