Randall hop system?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been able to find that particular randle for sale. I have seen and used a few home made ones. Yob usually brings one to swap meets, made from a short water filter stainless mesh and appropriate line fixtures. The ones I've used have worked well.

4 Pines have one of the most impressive randalls ive seen.

http://4pinesbeer.com.au/our-thoughts/rad-randall/#

It is able to 'plug' into any one of their taps.
But looking at it I wonder how its kept cold.

I'm currently building one like this for my restaurant/bar.
twin-infuser.jpg

It will go through the 'infusion' prior to running back to the glycol python so its all chilled.
That way it still has that visual impact and 'wow' factor!

I have used a blichmann between boil kettle and cfc with no discerning difference between whirlpooling. I've also used it between keg and tap, kept clogging so I sold it. Not keen on running fruit etc through it.

For me, it was a waste of money.

I made one with the standard beer filter housing. Basically instead of filter cartridge its a hop sock filled with hop flowers.
I couldn't ever get a good lock. Since the beer is fizzy it gets frothup through the mass of hops and releases carbonation resulting in flatter beer from the tap.
Most disappointing is it didn't get much flavour either other than vegetal, grassy flavour even when using fresh Galaxy flowers. So it was a fail for me.

IMG_1297.JPG

I use this Aldi garden pump filter and it works very well

Latest posts

Back