Racking Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turto77

Reaction score
Hi all,
i have a k&k lager that has just about finished primary and i will be getting a keg setup in the next couple of months (hopefully by end of November).

Is it worth racking to a cube and CC'ing in anticipation and how long can i leave it in the cube?

Is it worth racking to a cube and CC'ing in anticipation and how long can i leave it in the cube?

Hi Turto

Most certainly worth it. I rack my lagers into a cube after about 7-14 days depending on conditions, then drop the temp down to 2 and leave them be for about 4 weeks before kegging or bottling.

Someone else will know how long is long enough, but till the end of Nov sounds fine.

Cheers
DK
:icon_drunk:

Definitely rack it. You don't want the beer sitting on the dead yeast and trub for two months. Just try to reduce the headspace in the cube so that oxygen doesn't dissolve into the beer while you are lagering it. Either squish the cube until the beer nearly comes out the top and then cap it, or purge the cube with Co2 before racking into it.

Thanks for the help guys.
I'll rack it over the weekend

Back