Quick Gas Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkeysers

Reaction score
This question may be daft. Im pretty sure I know the answer, but I thought for the sake of a quick forum post I can be completely sure. Is there any problems/issues that can arise from having my gas bottle for my keg setup laying down. I have my keg fridge sitting up on a small table to bring the taps up to a good pouring height, and the space under the table is just perfect for laying the gas bottle under there to keep it outta the way. Is this OK?

Cheers.

This question may be daft. Im pretty sure I know the answer, but I thought for the sake of a quick forum post I can be completely sure. Is there any problems/issues that can arise from having my gas bottle for my keg setup laying down. I have my keg fridge sitting up on a small table to bring the taps up to a good pouring height, and the space under the table is just perfect for laying the gas bottle under there to keep it outta the way. Is this OK?

Cheers.

NO !

CO2 is liquid inside the bottle so allowing it to run into your regulator will cause it to either freeze your regulator solid (as it is at -60 deg C) or expand many times in volume as it goes from liquid to gas.

Either way you don't want this to happen.

Dave

So it was a daft question, but for the opposite reason! Lucky I didn't leave it laying down. Looks like I'll have to find a spot to stand it up.

Ah well. Thanks. I hate to think what coulda happened.

Latest posts

Back